What's new

Derby Moisturising Super Shaving Cream - Lemon

Item Description

I received a tube free when I purchased a 100-pack of Derby blades off of EBay (Shaving Factory). This is my first cream. The plastic tube is nice. It's easy to squeeze out a little in my shaving mug to make the lather. The lather was nice, thick and pretty slick. I had a good shave. The only thing I didn't like was the scent. It smells like lemon pledge for cleaning furniture. I don't like lemon scent that much anyway. The scent didn't last very long after the shave and my aftershave took care of any remaining. If I could change the scent, I would use it more often.

Latest reviews

Pros: Great Latherer
I really enjoy this scent, and a little goes a long way
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Great Lather, Smells Nice, CHEAP
Cons: None so Far
Recently, I bought 12 tubes of Derby Lemon on Amazon.com for $9.99. Sight unseen it's not a good idea to buy anything in quantity but I took a chance. I am so happy I did! This stuff is awesome!!! I've been using soap and a brush for years now and very seldom used can goo. When I discovered the whole DE shaving thing I was delighted to learn they still made tubed shaving creams. Most of the ones I have looked at have been cost prohibative for me. I did splurge on a tube of Proraso and loved it. I love this every bit as much! First off at .83 cents a tube, don't kid yourself, it's a steal! The quality is top notch. Some people have slagged the scent but I like it. They deem it "artificial". Well maybe so, but I highly doubt that you want actual lemon juice on your face while shaving. You might think you do but you would only do it once, I guarantee that. Latherability was phenominal!!! From a nickle sized dollop I was able to get enough lather for a really nice three pass shave, relather completely for each pass. It is super effective, super slick and cushiony. It did a great job moisturizing my face as it was soft and felt great after rinsing clean. The packaging is a plastic tube that comes in a nifty cardboard box. All of the packagiing can be recycled. If I could give this product 11s all the way down I would it was that great. Don't let the price scare you off, this is a great product at ANY price!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I got a tube of the for Christmas, my sister bought it from West Coast Shaving. The biggest thing I can say about it is that it smells like Windex or other cleaning products. It does produce a decent lather and did not dry my face... but I have no compelling reason to buy this again. :blush:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)