Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Great Lather, Smells Nice, CHEAP
Cons: None so Far
Recently, I bought 12 tubes of Derby Lemon on Amazon.com for $9.99. Sight unseen it's not a good idea to buy anything in quantity but I took a chance. I am so happy I did! This stuff is awesome!!! I've been using soap and a brush for years now and very seldom used can goo. When I discovered the whole DE shaving thing I was delighted to learn they still made tubed shaving creams. Most of the ones I have looked at have been cost prohibative for me. I did splurge on a tube of Proraso and loved it. I love this every bit as much! First off at .83 cents a tube, don't kid yourself, it's a steal! The quality is top notch. Some people have slagged the scent but I like it. They deem it "artificial". Well maybe so, but I highly doubt that you want actual lemon juice on your face while shaving. You might think you do but you would only do it once, I guarantee that. Latherability was phenominal!!! From a nickle sized dollop I was able to get enough lather for a really nice three pass shave, relather completely for each pass. It is super effective, super slick and cushiony. It did a great job moisturizing my face as it was soft and felt great after rinsing clean. The packaging is a plastic tube that comes in a nifty cardboard box. All of the packagiing can be recycled. If I could give this product 11s all the way down I would it was that great. Don't let the price scare you off, this is a great product at ANY price!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I got a tube of the for Christmas, my sister bought it from West Coast Shaving. The biggest thing I can say about it is that it smells like Windex or other cleaning products. It does produce a decent lather and did not dry my face... but I have no compelling reason to buy this again. :blush:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Price: 2.49 from an ebay vendor is definately a steal!

Scent: Believe it or not, I really enjoy this scent... reminds me nothing of lemon pledge. To me, it smells more like lemon drop candy, a juicy scent.

Latherability: A little dab'll do ya! This stuff goes a long way... great for face lathering, this stuff just explodes with rich, slick, thick lather.

Moisturizing: Leaves my face soft and smooth.

Quality, Efficacy: I love this stuff... definately does what its suppose to do. Again, for such a bargin cream, it really delivers. Very slick and very easy to use.

Packaging: Rather tall, thin plasic tube; reminds me alot like toothpaste... just don't confuse the two!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I also received this cream with an order of 100 Derbys and I've been thoroughly unimpressed with it. IMO the scent is repugnant. It's probably the worst fake lemon smell I've ever encountered--it smells like it could be the waste by-product of lemon car-scent crammed into a cream tube. Also, the scent clings to your skin for way too long after it's been washed off. Best not spend your money on this stuff, even if it is only a couple of bucks. There are sooo many better options out there for an inexpensive cream. It may shave a little better than an aerosol cream, but it smells terrible. Big thumbs down.
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
1.00 star(s)
It's not all that strong anyway. I can even handle the lavender, which I generally dislike. Derby makes fine if unexciting creams, and the scents are mild enough to be inoffensive. I do prefer their unscented cream. But it works really well and it's cheap. How can you beat that? :biggrin: I was fortunate enough to get a free tube as well, but I paid for my unscented. It's definitely worth the money and if it was my only cream, I would be satisfied. Not thrilled, but satisfied.
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I find this cream very slick, moisturizing and easy to lather. It's a great economy cream and outperforms many of the upscale creams for pennies on the dollar. Derby & Arko and J.M. Fraser's are all great values and produce very decent shaves.
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I received a tube free when I purchased a 100-pack of Derby blades off of EBay (Shaving Factory). This is my first cream. The plastic tube is nice. It's easy to squeeze out a little in my shaving mug to make the lather. The lather was nice, thick and pretty slick. I had a good shave. The only thing I didn't like was the scent. It smells like lemon pledge for cleaning furniture. I don't like lemon scent that much anyway. The scent didn't last very long after the shave and my aftershave took care of any remaining. If I could change the scent, I would use it more often.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)