What's new

Cremo Cream is SLICK

Item Description

Cremo is fantastic because it works. It keeps your skin smooth and slick throughout the shave.

When I first put the dab on the brush tips and tried to lather it up, I was supprised at the lack of lather. That's why I gave the "latherability" a 7. Oh, it lathers more after the second pass, and it feels great. But the efficacy of the cream is not the lather, like most shaving creams. Somehow, and I don't know why, this stuff works because the more water you add (with your brush or by splashing), the slicker it gets.

I got a smooth, nick-free, very close shaves.

I gave the secnt an 8 because it's nice and fades after a few minutes, but it's close to a coconut scent, which I personally don't prefer. It's clean, fresh, sweet, and unusual- just not my personal taste.

I'm going away in a month or so, and this is what I'll take with me. I can say that this is my favorite shaving cream thus far: slicker than any of the three Ts, Nancy Boy, Musgo, or Proraso. I'll rotate because I love the variety, but Cremo ROCKS! (And, for comparison, I LOVE Nancy Boy and T&F's Ultimate.)

Discuss

Latest reviews

Pros: Smell great and leaves your face nice and smooth.
Cons: None
Got some the past week and it great and also works as under coat with other soap. Super Slick and my old mug feels great.

I love the faint lemon scent and it does not mess with your after shave. My wife loves how soft my face feels after using this product.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Slick!
Cons: None in my experience
Cremo just does what it's supposed to. What more do you want or expect?

I got my first tube when I ordered my first DE razor. I checked out the reviews here and found out that they have a rebate on their website, so your first tube is free. Great! Try out a tube and if you don't like it, it didn't cost you anything.

The manufacturers state that they were trying to come up with an exceptional lubricant without putting in anything extra that doesn't improve your shave, which should help keeps costs down. I have to say that I don't see how you keep costs down much more than this. I get a tube for $5.60 at Walmart and it lasts about six months (the tube says 90+ days). What's that? About 180 shaves?

I use it per the instructions, wet face and hands, squeeze out a small amount, and work into my face and neck. It doesn't create a lather; if that's what you want look elsewhere. My blades glide across my skin. It doesn't matter what kind of razor; closed comb, open comb, single edge, they all just slip across while mowing down the hairs. After a pass, rub down your skin with a little more water and you're ready to go again.

I can't really talk about the scent, because I don't notice it. I've got a mustache to work around so no cream right under my nose. There is a new scent out now, but I won't be buying any until my current tube runs out.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Closest shave possible for no nicks, razor burn or in-grown hair
Cons: If used properly (many don't) there are really no negatives.
First off if part of your shaving routine is the Ritual of the Brush Cremo is definitely NOT for you, you will hate this product. However, if you're like me and don't want to spend more than 10 min to get a 'baby's butt' close shave quickly then Cremo is perfect. It is slippery!

For me, shaving is a chore but that doesn't mean I don't like a satisfying close shave. I have a medium to heavy beard and I can get a close, no nick no razor burn shave every time with my Eversharp Schick 1947 SE razor.

What I've read on most forums as well as B&B leads me to believe that at least half of the men that have tried Cremo have applied it or used it wrong.

Some of the complaints I've read...
- it doesn't lather
no it is not meant to lather. If you're expecting results that you previously had with soap creams or shaving soaps you will be deeply disappointed and rightly toss it in the trash. Yes it can be lathered up but I've tried that and it greatly diminishes Cremo's effectiveness. I've also tried Cremo in a hybrid soap/Cremo combination. Again, this will work but it's effectiveness is greatly diminished.

- it clogs my razor
The only way I've been able to duplicate this is to use WAY TOO MUCH Cremo. I suspect that because someone is expecting a lather or gel and pile it on...don't. As the instructions say less is best.
I've used it with DE, SE and cartridge razors and never clogged them except when I used way too much.

- It smells terrible
Ok...I'll agree with that but not quite. This citrus smell is ok and not unpleasant. I would prefer a Bay Rum or sandalwood smell however. In any case, the citrus smell only lasts a few minutes.

- no cushion
Honestly, you don't need a cushion with Cremo and I'm not sure why you would with this cream. I don't get nicks, razor burn or in-grown hair. Maybe someone can explain why it's necessary with Cremo.

Cremo is the 21st century way to shave but still keep one foot in the 19th or 20th century. For some, this is unacceptable and I understand that. But if like me you want a quick, baby butt smooth shave that will last a couple days Cremo is the only choice.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)