What's new

Cremo Cream is SLICK

Pros: Smell great and leaves your face nice and smooth.
Cons: None
Got some the past week and it great and also works as under coat with other soap. Super Slick and my old mug feels great.

I love the faint lemon scent and it does not mess with your after shave. My wife loves how soft my face feels after using this product.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Slick!
Cons: None in my experience
Cremo just does what it's supposed to. What more do you want or expect?

I got my first tube when I ordered my first DE razor. I checked out the reviews here and found out that they have a rebate on their website, so your first tube is free. Great! Try out a tube and if you don't like it, it didn't cost you anything.

The manufacturers state that they were trying to come up with an exceptional lubricant without putting in anything extra that doesn't improve your shave, which should help keeps costs down. I have to say that I don't see how you keep costs down much more than this. I get a tube for $5.60 at Walmart and it lasts about six months (the tube says 90+ days). What's that? About 180 shaves?

I use it per the instructions, wet face and hands, squeeze out a small amount, and work into my face and neck. It doesn't create a lather; if that's what you want look elsewhere. My blades glide across my skin. It doesn't matter what kind of razor; closed comb, open comb, single edge, they all just slip across while mowing down the hairs. After a pass, rub down your skin with a little more water and you're ready to go again.

I can't really talk about the scent, because I don't notice it. I've got a mustache to work around so no cream right under my nose. There is a new scent out now, but I won't be buying any until my current tube runs out.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Closest shave possible for no nicks, razor burn or in-grown hair
Cons: If used properly (many don't) there are really no negatives.
First off if part of your shaving routine is the Ritual of the Brush Cremo is definitely NOT for you, you will hate this product. However, if you're like me and don't want to spend more than 10 min to get a 'baby's butt' close shave quickly then Cremo is perfect. It is slippery!

For me, shaving is a chore but that doesn't mean I don't like a satisfying close shave. I have a medium to heavy beard and I can get a close, no nick no razor burn shave every time with my Eversharp Schick 1947 SE razor.

What I've read on most forums as well as B&B leads me to believe that at least half of the men that have tried Cremo have applied it or used it wrong.

Some of the complaints I've read...
- it doesn't lather
no it is not meant to lather. If you're expecting results that you previously had with soap creams or shaving soaps you will be deeply disappointed and rightly toss it in the trash. Yes it can be lathered up but I've tried that and it greatly diminishes Cremo's effectiveness. I've also tried Cremo in a hybrid soap/Cremo combination. Again, this will work but it's effectiveness is greatly diminished.

- it clogs my razor
The only way I've been able to duplicate this is to use WAY TOO MUCH Cremo. I suspect that because someone is expecting a lather or gel and pile it on...don't. As the instructions say less is best.
I've used it with DE, SE and cartridge razors and never clogged them except when I used way too much.

- It smells terrible
Ok...I'll agree with that but not quite. This citrus smell is ok and not unpleasant. I would prefer a Bay Rum or sandalwood smell however. In any case, the citrus smell only lasts a few minutes.

- no cushion
Honestly, you don't need a cushion with Cremo and I'm not sure why you would with this cream. I don't get nicks, razor burn or in-grown hair. Maybe someone can explain why it's necessary with Cremo.

Cremo is the 21st century way to shave but still keep one foot in the 19th or 20th century. For some, this is unacceptable and I understand that. But if like me you want a quick, baby butt smooth shave that will last a couple days Cremo is the only choice.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: very slick
Cons: the smell
I cannot stand the smell of this stuff. It smells like a citrus cleaning product that one might use on a dirt counter top or a toilet. That being said it is amazingly slick, and provides a good close shave. It is long lasting. I would even dare to say that it is very user friendly in that protects against nicks and cuts quite well. Besides the horrid chemical citrus smell, the only other downside is that it does not want to wash off of your face easily when you try to rinse it off. Othere then that it is a quality product that is great for a preshave or for use alone, although it does not produce a lather and is unfit for any kind of shave brush
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
1.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap...sold at wal-mart and drug stores
Cons: Instructions don't tell you how good it is with Brush and Cream
Though I am not too keen on the citrus scent thing.....this stuff lethers nice with a warm brush and bowl. Add water a bunch and cream lather gets thick and thicker and is really slick. What is funny is the instructions do not mention this. It has to be discovered. However I add a dab of it to some CO Bigelow and it makes a magic cream!!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Great product. Very slick and smooth shaves
Saw this for sale at Bed Bath and Beyond and though I would give it a try. For $7.48 cents with tax, I couldn't go too wrong.

Getting it home I tried it after steaming my face with a hot towel. While the lack of lather did surprise me at first, the way the Krona glided over my face was surprising. At first, I could not believe that the razor had even cut anything until I looked close and saw a smooth clean shave. It especially helped with making for a comfortable mustache area shave. I would highly recommend this if you want a close shave that can't be beat.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Slick, comfortable shave, can get a quick shave, nice smell
Cons: May need to add more cream than what's stated on directions
I decided to try this cream out because I kept hearing good things about it on this site as well as the fact that it would be free after rebate.

Well the first time I tried it I did not have a good experience because I felt I did not have enough coverage on my face. This is because I followed the directions on the bottle that states to use a very small amount (almond size) on your skin. I did this and felt it was to light of a lather.

After seeing a couple YouTube videos I noticed people using a lot of cream on their face. Way more than an almond size.

I then tried it this way and got better results. A better shave and more coverage. It was very slick and smelled great. Very citrusy. My hands were slippery and noticed this when holding the razor.

This is why I recommend washing or rinsing out your hands before beginning to shave to prevent an accident. The cream also clogged my razor a bit but I was not surprised because I have used other brushless shaving creams that have done the same thing.

This cream is pretty good when needing a quick shave or when your short on time. Also, when you travel.

I felt like I got a close shave and the razor had a lot of glide. I did not get any cuts or nicks which was a plus.

You get 6 oz in a tube for $8 which is like $1.33 an oz which is not to bad.

The bottle looks pretty cool as well. Very shiny bottle with red and white colors.

I give Cremo Shave Cream 7.5/10
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Slick
Cons: Not your traditional shave cream
I tried this after hearing an advertisement on my local talk radio show. I purchased it at my local Walmart for around $8.50. I read the instructions and used it as indicated. It did not come in a box, but was sold as a tube.

My reaction? I love it for the simple reason that it works. I will not use this on the daily as I will be saving this as my travel cream since it works as a brushless and bowl-less cream, which is a plus. I will stick to my usual creams and soaps for daily use but will use this as my exclusive travel product.

Is it effective? YES. The razor glides and decapitates all of my stubble and leaves my skin smooth. I am really impressed and highly recommend it to all who are in the military or travel regularly. It is a great product to use at home, but I prefer to prepare my own lather and actually see lather on my face.

I strongly recommend Cremo Cream. That is all.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Cons: Cushion
Before I started shaving with a DE and still using cartridges, this was the first shaving cream I tried in replace of the canned goo. It was definitely better than the goo in use with the cartridge razor.

Since I switched to DE shaving I have used some of the liked creams/soaps around here like MWF, Cella, Razorock, Proraso, Palmolive, Arko. Today I decided to use Cremo. I face lathered with my WD silvertip. I did not find the Cremo provided much cushion to shave with, it did provide a decent slicnkness however. Overall though, I can't say it was very good. It took a substantial longer time to work into a decent later for shaving and I have to use more product than usual. It is not cheap at ~$10 CAD per tube compared to a Proraso tube which I can get for about that price and get a much better shave.

I have used Cremo for a superlater with soaps and it works good for that, but as a standalone cream, not so much IMO.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Keeps your skin moist and slick.
Cons: None that I found.
This was actually my "go to" shaving cream before I started wet shaving. Now I use it mostly as my travel shaving cream because it is convenient when I am on the road and it keeps my skin feeling great. Use plenty of hot water on your face before you apply this cream and you will not be disappointed. It's remarkably slick and provides excellent lubrication for you razor. The scent is a very light citrus (mostly lemon) and it is pleasant. I wouldn't mind it if the scent was stronger. Overall great product! Try it!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: None
Cons: Terrible smell
Tried it one time and threw it away.
Has a weird smell like......
Something some jr high boys might make up in a lab.
For real I hated it. Couldn't focus on the shave because
Of the dang smell.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS !!
I wouldn't use it if it was free.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
0.00 star(s)
Pros: Super slick and one tube lasts a long time
Cons: Brush users will be left out.
Price: I paid $3.75 at walmart which came with a 75¢ off coupon. I've seen it at other locations for $7.00 with a full mail in rebate so you can try it for free. On facebook you can get $1.00 off printable coupon.

Quality: Super slick and makes the blade glide across your skin. A little goes a long way and a tube last along time.

Scent: Citrus smell which is nice but dissipates quickly. A nice after shave balm/cologne remedies this.

Latherability: n/a It's not that kind of product.

Efficacy: I get a great shave depending on how many passes I have time for. Blade buffing is surprising easy with this product.

Moisture Properties: This is a water activated product. It does a great job of keeping things slick and moist.

Packaging: Just a simple tube with no extra boxes or plastic.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Super Slick, Comfortable Shave, Good Scent
Great cream. Very slick, very good for eliminating razor bumps and nicks. The scent is very nice, different, but very nice and refreshing. The GREAT thing about this is that very little goes a long, long way. I use about as much as a nickel or a couple of finger tips worth and it last the entire shave. So a tube will last a couple of month easily, maybe longer.

It does clog the razor cartridge just a TAD bit, but a stream of water and that problem is gone. Well worth it, VERY easy to throw the tube in a travel bag and use when I travel. Not messy, and provides a great shave everywhere. Works best after you heat up your face after a shower or maybe with a hot towel (the classic method, I do both!). Does not need a brush, lathers well with OR without the brush.

Great product, I would love to see them create a true mug soap of this, or even a lather cream.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Pros: super slick
Cons: clear on skin when used on its own
Cremo is super slick indeed and comes at a very reasonable price. For me the sent is ok, maybe a hint too sweet.

I personally agree with what has been said before, its best when used as foundation for a cream or soap. If used as "pre-shave" I get great results due to the slickness and good moisturizing abilities.

However, I don't really like to use it on its own: When used brushless, the cream gets clear after rubbing in, what makes it hard to see where you already shaved. If used with a brush, I don't get the same lather quality out of it compared to a regular cream. In fact, using a brush or not doesn't really make any difference to me.

In conclusion, you can get a decent shave out of it if used on its on, but (IMHO) its best when used in combination with another soap/cream.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Cons: Sickeningly Sweet Smell
I purchased this product when I saw it appear all of a sudden at my local drugstore. I had never seen it before or even heard of it, but here was a new option for a drugstore shave cream that didn't come from a can, and those are rare.

Some products are made to be used with a brush, and some are designed to be brushless, this is one of those meant to be brushless. I of course like those that can be used with a brush as I find they produce a significantly better shave. However, being an obedient consumer I decided to use it as directed.

The Pros: The cream is slick. I find that brushless or low lather creams are often slicker than traditional creams. The cream also seems to give a decently close shave, and I did find that it had an overall moisturizing effect on my skin (which is a big deal to me).

The Cons: The cream itself is somewhat odd. Despite the fact that I found it hydrating to the skin, the cream itself is too dry. If you read the directions on the packaging before you shave you will get a hint that you are in for a cream that requires a lot of hydration. In fact, I couldn't get through a complete pass without it getting dry at the very end. To me a cream that requires you to constantly re-wet it even during a single pass is just not worth the effort, especially when there are so many that will hold their moisture for multiple passes. I did not use it with a brush, maybe if I had it would have been a different case.

The reason I never used it with a brush is because of this creams biggest downfall, which is the smell. Coming out of the tube it doesn't smell too bad. However, once applied to the face, and especially after a couple of passes, the smell is horrible. One person described it as baby aspirin. I have never had baby aspirin, so I am not sure about that, I would say it smelled almost like rotten oranges. The smell was sweet which is fine, but it was over the top sweet. In fact it was so sweet that after I had applied it, I felt myself coughing from taking in too big a whiff of the aroma. I have never had that happen with any other cream. Because of this, I never wanted it near my nose again.

The good news is, since it is still a cream that gives a relatively good shave and doesn't need a brush, I was able to salvage it as a shaving cream for my head. For the price, this is a decent product to use on your head. I don't use a badger when shaving my head (preferring to just use my fingertips and low lather cream for convenience) but I still want a quality product, so this is a nice money saver and since it is above the olfactory senses, it can be tolerated. However, even though it is cheaper and a decent performer, I won't be using it on my face anytime soon, and after the tube is done, I won't be repurchasing it to use on my head. The smell is that overpowering to me.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Cons: everything
I have to give this cream as low a rating as possible because everytime I use it either by itself or in a super lather I cut the heck out of my face. No other product I have tried does this.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
0.00 star(s)
Pros: slick, nice scent, and price
Cons: low foam, low amounts of cushion
Price: I got a good deal off of drugstore.com, and I used the "bonus dollars" I accrued throughout the year. Even without discounts, it's under $10 and the tube claims it's a 90-day supply.Quality: This is a high-quality cream that offers great slickness when you strike a balance between cream and water.Scent: It has a light citrus scent (bergamot). I particularly enjoyed the scent, as it wasn't overpowering, yet still noticeable. Plus, the bergamot reminded me of an earl grey tea.Latherability: It certainly doesn't produce a lather like you see in many online videos, but I was surprised that a "no foam" formula produced as much lather as it did. Efficacy: I value slickness over cushion when it comes to shaving. The razor glided nicely across my face.Moisturizing Properties: My skin feels balanced, and for a guy as oily as me, it's a nice feeling.Packaging: Simple packaging in a tube. It is a tube I'd not mind keeping on the bathroom sink, plus tubes travel nicely.I used it both as directed, as a brushless "no foam" cream and then I tried it with my brush. I usually don't like using a brush, but I noticed that the water from the brush helped activate the cream's ingredients, creating a fantastically slick condition for my razor to glide across my face. Subsequent passes felt nicer as the cream took on more water.If you like having gobs of fluffy, white lather, then I would not recommend this product. However, if you want a slick cream that gets the job done under $10, then this is your product.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Slickness, ease of use, smell
Picked this up today at CVS. Rebate of 8.00 so I paid -1 cent for the stuff. No packaging to fuss with just squeeze out of the tube. Great. I was not able to get a "foamy" lather, but it was not necessary because this stuff works really well in the lube department without foam. Just keep you face moist that's all. The smell was really nice and citrus-like, possibly oranges. Very pleasant though and fades almost as soon as you smell it. Good product and -what can I say- teriffic price! You only get one rebate, but it paid for itself so what the heck I'll buy more.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
For me, Cremo works best as a prep. I spread a small amount all over my beard before the first pass, then face-lather on top of it. The extra protection is well worth the additional step.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
The company has a great video. It is a California based company so I wanted to give it a try. Used it a few times -- did not provide me enough cushion, so ended up with some razor burn. I use it for manscaping. Really not that impressed. Scent is funky too, sort of like grapefruit smelling.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)