What's new

Classic Shaving - Classic Brand Premium Lavender Shaving Cream....

Item Description

displayimage.php

As most of you know, I have tried almost every shaving product out there, and I am VERY particular about the ingredients, and the efficacy of shaving, and skin products. I am not fond of the use of unnecessary chemicals to act as “filler” or attempt to add benefits that can be done with natural, skin healthy ingredients. As many of you also know, I am primarily a fan of shaving soaps, more so than creams, and typically do not get overly excited about shaving creams, but – as none of you know (until now) I simply adore this new shaving cream by Classic Shaving!

displayimage.php

First – let me start with what’s most important to me, the efficacy.

This shaving cream has a light consistency, lighter than something from the 3 T's, yet not as light as say, Cyril Salter - which is ideal in my opinion. It is VERY easy to load your brush with this cream by dipping the tips of your shaving brush into the soft cream, and giving the brush a light twist. Once the brush is loaded, rub it into your visage (face) and you'll be rewarded with an explosion of lather. This is a close cutting cream, yet it provides first-rate lubrication, and it is every bit as good as the 3 T's, yet leaves your face softer and more moisturized. In the realm of shaving creams - this is among the best in terms of performance.

Here's the cream in action....

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Once the brush touches your face, it immediately swells up with rich, creamy lather...
displayimage.php

Very lush, dense, thick lather...
displayimage.php

Take careful note of the ingredients, as many of the ingredients are things you often see in aftershave balms. Suffice to say, this is a very soothing, and moisturizing shaving cream....
displayimage.php

Scent....
Here's my only "gripe" per se, and this is of course a matter of opinion. I am not a fan of the lavender essential oil they have chosen for this shaving cream. Frankly, I think it doesn't do this shaving cream justice. It is a very dry, herbaceous lavender - no richness or sweetness to it. While it is very "original" - it is probably my least favorite lavender scent. This is a wonderfully luxurious cream, and should be accompanied by a wonderfully deep Bulgarian or French lavender essential oil. I this would better set the mood for such a lovely cream/experience and as it stands now – is almost awkward, as it is such a luxurious, lush product teamed up with a medicinal herbal scent. I am not sure if this is the "final version" of this product (I doubt so, as it doesn't seem to have proper size/contents labeling) so they very well may change the scent (I will update the review if/when they do), and I am sure classic shaving will be offering it in other scents as well.

Overall:
I would say this is a superlative product that certainly will give the three "T's" a run for their money. It just plumb works better than most creams, and is without question the most moisturizing, and skin friendly shaving cream I have experienced. In the realm of shaving creams, at least for now, Classic Brand cream reigns supreme. This product is currently not available, however keep your eyes peeled, as this will be a lovely cream to try!

TO DISCUSS THIS REVIEW, PLEASE SEE THIS THREAD!

Latest reviews

I recently purchased this cream from another member. I must say that it performs and moisturizes well given its high quality ingredients. However, I find the EO offending and irritating. It is far too herbal for my tastes. If CS improves the scent and reduces the burn factor, it would be much better--and it is marketed for sensitive skin...
First off I can't use this cream. It started with a deep tingling sensation that quickly developed into a burning sensation. I don't have sensitive skin and this is the first product this has occurred with. I won't use this as part of the review though. Also this was a sample.

Price: Same amount of product as a tub of Taylor's but for much more.
Quality: This is a dense rich cream.
Scent: Lavender is the last thing I would ever think off. This is a very strange almost chemically scent.
Latherability: This is where this product really shines. Gobs of thick hydrated cream.
Efficacy: The razor glided effortlessly with very good cushion.
Moisturizing: Middle of the road. Not drying but not moisturizing.
Packaging: Plain plastic tub.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
OK, Great product except for the scent. You have to be kidding me if anyone thinks it smells like lavender. Not even close to the 3T's there. But everything else is very very good! Great product but just don't like the smell. To me the smell is pretty important.:rolleyes:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)