What's new

Classic Shaving - Classic Brand Premium Lavender Shaving Cream....

I recently purchased this cream from another member. I must say that it performs and moisturizes well given its high quality ingredients. However, I find the EO offending and irritating. It is far too herbal for my tastes. If CS improves the scent and reduces the burn factor, it would be much better--and it is marketed for sensitive skin...
First off I can't use this cream. It started with a deep tingling sensation that quickly developed into a burning sensation. I don't have sensitive skin and this is the first product this has occurred with. I won't use this as part of the review though. Also this was a sample.

Price: Same amount of product as a tub of Taylor's but for much more.
Quality: This is a dense rich cream.
Scent: Lavender is the last thing I would ever think off. This is a very strange almost chemically scent.
Latherability: This is where this product really shines. Gobs of thick hydrated cream.
Efficacy: The razor glided effortlessly with very good cushion.
Moisturizing: Middle of the road. Not drying but not moisturizing.
Packaging: Plain plastic tub.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
OK, Great product except for the scent. You have to be kidding me if anyone thinks it smells like lavender. Not even close to the 3T's there. But everything else is very very good! Great product but just don't like the smell. To me the smell is pretty important.:rolleyes:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I really love this cream.

Price - At 17$ plus shipping, it is a tad expensive compared to some of the boutique creams (think SCS, for example)

Quality - An absolutely high quality cream that can give fantastic shaves

Scent - Just the way I love it - not too heavy, not very light

Latherability - Now this is where it distinguishes itself. Absolutely wonderful lather that is just right for my face and for my shaving needs

Efficacy - Just the right amount of clay in it I presume - performs well at helping the razor glide over the skin, rinses off damned easily. I shave after I shower and the SCS creams for example are extremely difficult to wash off after the shave. I need to wipe them off with a wettened wash cloth

Moisturizing properties - Good, I suppose, but nothing worth writing home about. Doesn't leave my face dry, doesn't leave it heavy with moisture either.

Packaging - Functional
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I was fairly surprised by this shaving cream. It's extremely forgiving, like lowhawk said, and seems not to irritate my skin. Shaves are great, at least as good as with different hard soaps I use and like. The scent is light and clean and it makes mounds of slick lather. It's kind of expensive, considering it's classicshaving.com's own in-store brand, but I think it compares very well to other creams in the same price range. When I run out I'm buying more, no question. I can't say that about every soap and cream I have, either.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
My ratings sound harsh compared to most other ratings... I rated it as 5 being average.
Price, compared to soap its expensive, compared to some creams its pretty cheap. I don't think the price is bad at all so I rated slightly higher than average.
Quality, don't think an 8 is a ding, it is 3 higher than average.
Scent: I like, not to floral or foo foo. Nice and clean, slightly medicinal like barber shops smelled when I was young, it also reminds me of the green soap and cleansers I smell at my tattoo shop.
Latherability, I am still new to this and I think it lathers fine, I don't lather up in an industrial mixing bowl, I smear some cream underside of my jaw, a blob in my brush and then face lather, works for me... so I guess its average.
Efficacy: its a shave cream, it softens my beard, it lubes the blade, Im guessing about average
Moistureizing: it doesn't feel greasy, it doesn't seem to dry out my skin, seems fine, average
Packaging: ok, a little ding here, it comes in a generic cheapy plastic tub, the lid doesn't fit that well, but it fits in my medicine cabinet just fine.

I like it, the scent is nice and it seems to build as you lather. I will buy more cream from Classic as my supply dwindles.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Spot on review Joel. I'm surprised that there aren't more reviews of the cream. It is a very forgiving cream that is easy to lather. It produces a large volume of moist, rich lather. I found it to be nice and slick which is probably the biggest thing I look for in a cream. I enjoyed the scent which was not heavy, but gave the bathroom a nice aroma as I whipped it up. The scent really blooms and is a bit stronger than it smells in the tub. Speaking of the tub I guess the packaging hasn't changed since Joel tried it in November as mine had no quantity amount printed on it. I'm guessing its the same size as a T&H tub. Maybe someone else knows for sure. I thoroughly enjoyed using this cream and highly recommend it to anyone. If you like the English creams you will certainly like this one as it is on par with, or actually better than many I've tried and costs less. This cream has a permanent spot on my top shelf.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
displayimage.php

As most of you know, I have tried almost every shaving product out there, and I am VERY particular about the ingredients, and the efficacy of shaving, and skin products. I am not fond of the use of unnecessary chemicals to act as “filler” or attempt to add benefits that can be done with natural, skin healthy ingredients. As many of you also know, I am primarily a fan of shaving soaps, more so than creams, and typically do not get overly excited about shaving creams, but – as none of you know (until now) I simply adore this new shaving cream by Classic Shaving!

displayimage.php

First – let me start with what’s most important to me, the efficacy.

This shaving cream has a light consistency, lighter than something from the 3 T's, yet not as light as say, Cyril Salter - which is ideal in my opinion. It is VERY easy to load your brush with this cream by dipping the tips of your shaving brush into the soft cream, and giving the brush a light twist. Once the brush is loaded, rub it into your visage (face) and you'll be rewarded with an explosion of lather. This is a close cutting cream, yet it provides first-rate lubrication, and it is every bit as good as the 3 T's, yet leaves your face softer and more moisturized. In the realm of shaving creams - this is among the best in terms of performance.

Here's the cream in action....

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Once the brush touches your face, it immediately swells up with rich, creamy lather...
displayimage.php

Very lush, dense, thick lather...
displayimage.php

Take careful note of the ingredients, as many of the ingredients are things you often see in aftershave balms. Suffice to say, this is a very soothing, and moisturizing shaving cream....
displayimage.php

Scent....
Here's my only "gripe" per se, and this is of course a matter of opinion. I am not a fan of the lavender essential oil they have chosen for this shaving cream. Frankly, I think it doesn't do this shaving cream justice. It is a very dry, herbaceous lavender - no richness or sweetness to it. While it is very "original" - it is probably my least favorite lavender scent. This is a wonderfully luxurious cream, and should be accompanied by a wonderfully deep Bulgarian or French lavender essential oil. I this would better set the mood for such a lovely cream/experience and as it stands now – is almost awkward, as it is such a luxurious, lush product teamed up with a medicinal herbal scent. I am not sure if this is the "final version" of this product (I doubt so, as it doesn't seem to have proper size/contents labeling) so they very well may change the scent (I will update the review if/when they do), and I am sure classic shaving will be offering it in other scents as well.

Overall:
I would say this is a superlative product that certainly will give the three "T's" a run for their money. It just plumb works better than most creams, and is without question the most moisturizing, and skin friendly shaving cream I have experienced. In the realm of shaving creams, at least for now, Classic Brand cream reigns supreme. This product is currently not available, however keep your eyes peeled, as this will be a lovely cream to try!

TO DISCUSS THIS REVIEW, PLEASE SEE THIS THREAD!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)