What's new

Central Texas Soaps - Tobacco & Amber

Item Description

From the manufacturer:

Hand-Crafted Shave Soap From The Heart Of Texas

A warm blend of honey, tobacco, and amber with hints of spice and citrus.

Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Shea Butter, Mango Butter, Water, Aloe Vera Juice, Potassium Hydroxide, Castor Oil, Cocoa Butter, Coconut Oil, Sodium Lactate, and Fragrance

IMG_2841.JPG
Reactions: ksblazer

Latest reviews

Pros: Easy to lather, warm and inviting mild scent, great performance.
Cons: None. But I do wish the scent were a bit more potent.
I've got nothing but praise for this soap. I just love it. Whether face-lathering or bowl-lathering, I'm able to create a rich lather with lots of cushion and slickness. I prefer a just-thinner-than yogurt consistency and this soap works great for that. The container size is perfect for loading a brush and it's easily gripped. You also get a full 5oz of soap which is nice.

I like to use some pretty hot water when I load a brush, which brings out the warm and cozy scent of this soap. I guess there's some sweet tobacco in there, but honestly, to me it smells like oatmeal and raisin cookie dough with some cherry and vanilla essence dropped in. It's not a cloying scent at all, in fact, it's super weak. It's just enough scent to last through the shave and a few mins after.

I'm giving this soap five stars for lather-ability, performance, and scent. Every time I use it I know I'm going to get a fantastic shave with a warm, inviting aroma. It would be great if the scent was stronger but I won't ding it for that.

Let me know what you think if you have tried it too.

Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)