What's new

Baxters After Shave Balm

Item Description

Well, I got my sampler pack from Baxter a few days ago, and I am pretty impressed. The after shave balm is an interesting beast - I used it the first time without reading the ingredients, and WOW did I get a surprise. This stuff has menthol, and is extremely cooling.

Anyway, it is a gel consistency with a light citrusy scent which fades quickly. Immediately after putting it on, you are greeted by an intense cooling sensation. It feels like shoving your face into a bowl of ice cubes. After the shock wears off, it fades into a very cool, soothing feeling which is quite nice. After a few minutes, I was amazed at how supple my skin felt; I actually didn't require any additional moisturizing, which is unheard of for me. Really nice.

I just ordered a bottle from Men's Essentials, and threw in some other Baxters products for good measure (really liked my sample of the face wash also).

This is a really good product. I would be interested in comparing it to the Proraso lotion (sticking to the cooling theme), but I don't have any of it on hand.

Latest reviews

Baxter's is a thick, translucent liquid with a light lemon-menthol fragrance. It is soothing, cooling, lightly moisturizing. NOT sticky or greasy at all.

What do I like about this stuff? It has the positive attributes of a balm (soothing, moisturizing) AND those of a splash (cooling, clean and not at all sticky). Even after I've scraped myself badly, I don't get any burn from it. It seems good for my face.

Its moisturizing properties are light---it leaves skin clean and smooth but not oily.

I like its fragrance...wish it lasted a bit longer.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I tried this for the first time this morning. AOS unscented is my usual daily ASB and this is the polar opposite! It really is like a splash of ICE cold water. That feeling stayed for a minute or two then just smooth, relaxed skin. No irritation at all! I had expected some after this being my 4th 2-3 pass shave with a feather and had a little burn immediately after shaving. As soon as I put this on I got the cooling hit then by the time that wore off, no razor burn or irritation, AT ALL.

Now, 3 hours after shaving (and after-shaving :001_tongu) my face still feels mosturized but not sticky. Something I noticed is that somehow the ASB seemed to "lock in" the smell of my shaving soap. I can still get a pleasant, but occasional, whiff of my EJ Aloe every once in awhile. It's kinda nice.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Nice citrus scent though it is a tad bit slimy. Soothes irritation and is alcohol free. Quite chilling and good for a summer day.

Item information

Added by
Scotto
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
0.29 star(s) 17 ratings

More in Aftershaves (Reviews)

More from Scotto

Top Bottom