Items by Snargle

Snargle
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reviews
Wooden bowl with puck of vintage shaving soap.
I had a chance today to try a pre-production sample of Benton Clay's new shaving soap, Vetiver Paradisi. As far as I know, it's not yet available in retail, but once it is, it will definitely be on my want list. In regards to performance, I can't think of anything negative to say about it. It loaded easily onto my Frank Shaving Finest Badger brush, quickly whipped up into a rich, thick lather in a bowl, and provided a smooth, comfortable shave with great lubrication and cushioning. You...
It's going to eventually happen to us all (barring an untimely early demise)...as you age, the hair on your head disappears, only to reappear growing out of your nostrils and ears! :scared: As a way to keep this unsightly growth under control, a variety of devices have been marketed to trim this hair...unfortunately, most of them battery-operated, cheaply-made, poorly-performing junk. After going through three battery trimmers in the past five years, I got fed up with the pulling...
While in Switzerland this year, I picked up several Palmolive shave creams/soaps: Palmolive Classic cream, Palmolive Sensitive cream, and Palmolive Shave Sticks. I finally cracked open a tube of the Sensitive this morning, and had an excellent shave from this inexpensive product. A small dollop squeezed into a bowl and lathered with my badger brush, quickly produced mounds of slick, smooth lather with minimal effort. The scent is fine...a faint soapy/citrus scent; pleasant but not...
Top Bottom