Items by Hobbesoxon

Gadzooks, I appear to smell like my grandmother. This scent clings and won't let go, much like a needy matriarch. "Versatile like the modern gent", so sayeth Geo F. Trumpers from whence comes this venerable old cologne, but I suspect that it has more in common with ladies from a bygone era. No thanks! Toodlepip, Hobbes
Tell me, Blenheim Bouquet, what are your flaws? We can forgive you a slight lack of moisturising ability in comparison to newer creams, for you are not negligent in that regard. Perhaps your greatest flaw is that you do not last forever, you cheeky little minx. Throughout the day, you continue to tease my senses with your opening of citrus overlying a warm, sensual bed of muskier darkness. You caused my wife to stop in her tracks and sniff me. How all other scents will be compared...
What a delight this fellow is, at just over £50 ($100). It has the heft to stand next to my Vision without flinching, while being manageable and satisfying. Most importantly, it feels great on the beard, and makes a superbly-aerated lather. I'm not sure what else there is to look for in a brush. Recommended. :) Toodlepip, Hobbes
This is a mighty attractive and classical scent. It's low, musky, sweet, woody, and oozes, I hate to say it, "sophistication". It's very, very fine, and really makes you take notice in a world filled with Calvin Klein and Davidoff. The complexity is a marvel to experience, with a multi-layered scent. It's very gentlemanly: it doesn't shout, but waits for you to discover it. When you do... it's too late to save you. :) Thoroughly recommended, but not inexpensive. Toodlepip...
A huge, silver pot with a chunky lid: the first bite is taken with the eye, and this one's tasty! It lathers well. As the gentleman above noted, it's not heavy in texture, but the result is superb. It sits well on the beard, it's not intrusive with aroma (light lavender), and it does just what you want it to do. I've had some exceedingly fine shaves with this pot, which I will probably replace outright once it's used. I thought that I'd cycle around to try another cream, but this one...
Top Bottom