What's new

Floris Santal

The Floris Santal scent is just simply awesome!! A fantastic sophisticated scent which lasts all day, but does not scream here I am, nor overpower you, unless of course you put on way too much.

The scent of a truly refined gentlemen, who know's his stuff. :wink:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Not my favourite Floris, one to try a few times before you buy, Floris are good for samples. For UK readers reminds me of the sort of scent Swiss Tony would wear.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Scent of The Gods? Well....okay that would be a stretch, but.....I do really enjoy this one!

Not overly complex as I find a *very* subtle variation from top through base notes, but an overall wonderful, warm, woody and masculine scent that is a nice step up from the manly, yet run-of-the-mill, barbershop scents without going floral.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Price- Got it on sale for $63- Not bad!

Quality- It is made by Floris- which to me implies that it is a quality product

Packaging- Simple, understated, elegant

Scent- My girlfriend and I both love it. It's a nice scent that is classy but still appropriate for a young man (I'm 23).

Complexity- My nose is not overly refined- but I am aware that the scent evolves over the course of the day.

Staying Power- Two sprays and I'm nicely scented all day.

Quality of Atomizer- As opposed to colognes that I used in the past- this atomizer truly does atomize- it sends up a light cloud of cologne as opposed to a more direct shot.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
I go back and forth and back and forth on this stuff (I only have the sample from which to judge). At first, I wasn't a big fan. Let me restate that: I liked the scent, it just wasn't the kind of scent I was used to wearing. It is so far removed from your typical "mall" cologne scent that I really felt kind of odd wearing it. My wife said it smelled "girly." However, once a week or so, I found myself going back to the EDT (and ASB). There's something about it. I just like having that scent around me when I'm wearing it. I don't know how else to describe it. I don't even know how to describe the scent, other than, kind of spicy and almost flowery. (It actually reminds me of an EDT that Avon sells for men called "Tomorrow for Him" though less sweet). In summary, a very interesting, refined scent that I wear when I feel like something very different.. something not quite "me."

-Mason
I really like the Santal EDT. It has awesome staying power, and it just shouts quality. Really good stuff, and if you can get to the Floris USA website, you can get it for 64 dollars, but hurry, as they are closing the US warehouse.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
This is a mighty attractive and classical scent. It's low, musky, sweet, woody, and oozes, I hate to say it, "sophistication". It's very, very fine, and really makes you take notice in a world filled with Calvin Klein and Davidoff.

The complexity is a marvel to experience, with a multi-layered scent. It's very gentlemanly: it doesn't shout, but waits for you to discover it. When you do... it's too late to save you. :)

Thoroughly recommended, but not inexpensive.

Toodlepip,

Hobbes
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)