Items by Evbo

Gentlemen -- Since finding B&B in late '07, I've obsessively collected obtained & used a lot of soaps. Many of them, especially the vintage tallow ones, border on greatness. They do so for many reasons: cushion, slickness, scent, post-shave feel -- you guys know the drill. Ideally, we're all searching for that one, matchless puck where all of those elements combine faultlessly, thus delivering perfect shaves every time. For the last several months, I've had the distinct pleasure of...
I recently received a package from a little Tennessee-based company called Nature's Gift. They specialize mainly in the sale of essential oils -- they have just about every oil you can think of (and quite a few that you can't). They also make some of their own products, all EO-based. One of the products they offer is a Sandalwood aftershave splash. The product's description says (among other things) that it's "...lavishly scented with real sandalwood." Sandalwood EO freak that I am, how...
I found this aftershave while browsing on etsy.com. It was the only item I found that really interested me so I thought, why not give it a whirl. At $10/bottle I've grown to really like this stuff. It's completely non-greasy (great for summertime!) and has a nice, light scent that's kind of a cross between almond & sandalwood and dissipates pretty quickly. The liquid sinks in immediately and doesn't leave my skin tacky or shiny, no matter how much I use. (Oh, and speaking of that --...
It's a warm, summer morning. You're sitting in your garden, a freshly-steeped pot of Darjeeling by your side. As you lift the cup to drink, you inhale the luxurious aroma of the brew. The fragrance of these leaves, hand-picked from far away bushes growing in abundance on Indian mountainsides and released into the steam, mixes with the heady fragrance of the roses in bloom around you. This is the scent, and the sensation, of Christopher Brosius's Tea/Rose Absolute. Now. This is a...
Alright. Let's get one thing straight right off the bat. Although this is technically an aftershave product (which is why it's in this category) I'm reviewing it more as a cologne. The first time I used it I made the mistake of using it as a traditional aftershave and, well ... ... just imagine using cologne as an aftershave and you'll have an idea of how my face felt. The initial Fires of Hell receded to the warm pulse of tight, stretched, dry, inflamed skin. And stayed that way...
To paraphrase Oscar Wilde, I can resist anything but new shave cream temptation. So last night, after seeing a post about this product in the shaving cream forum, off to Takashimaya I went. (Ah, the joy$ of living in NYC.) In short order, I found and purchased a Mandarin & Patchouli-scented jar of St. James shaving cream. At $22 for the jar it wasn't quite as bad as I was expecting. Takashimaya is a pretty high-end store so this was a nice surprise. I suppose I thought it would be closer...
Top Bottom