Astra Superior Platinum

Average User Rating:
4.83333/5,
  • astra superior platinum.jpg

God's gift to the wet shaving community.

Astra Superior Platinum is one of the sharpest blade out there yet it's so smooth, it doesn't skip or tug.

Because it's so forgiving and compatible with a wide range of razors, this is probably the best beginner blade out there. Hands down.

Did I also tell you this is also one of the cheapest blades out there if bought in 100 piece carton?

Recent User Reviews

1. NJshaves86
    5/5,
    "The best budget blade"
    Pros - Price
    Good middle ground between sharp and smooth
    Cons - None
    I find these to probably be the best budget blade out there, and I've tried everything. Is there better blades put there? Sure, I think so. Most of them however are almost or are twice the price. Polsilver, GSB, Nacet, Feather, etc are all more expensive. The feather is also not nearly as smooth. The only blades that are better are the more expensive options from the St. Petetsburg plant. I would add that the only other budget blades (10 dollars or so for 100 pack) is the Dorco Prime, or the Derby Premiums, both excellent budget blades. These however, may very well be the best value out of any blade out there. Not to mention the new blades are laser etched instead of stamped with ink and look gorgeous.
    Price:
    5/5,
    Quality:
    5/5,
    Longevity:
    4/5,
    Packaging:
    5/5,
    Sharpness:
    4/5,
    Smoothness of Shave:
    5/5,
  2. Mdiddy941
    5/5,
    "Smooth as silk"
    Pros - Buttery smooth shave with my 58' super speed
    Cons - None
    Fantastic blade at a fantastic price ! I have found the combo with my 58' super speed to be an amazing combo, I have sensitive skin and a thick beard , it works perfectly, super sharp, well made , good packaging, makes it a definite daily driver blade for beginners and veteran shavers alike. I just purchased a 100 pack
    Price:
    5/5,
    Quality:
    5/5,
    Longevity:
    4/5,
    Packaging:
    5/5,
    Sharpness:
    5/5,
    Smoothness of Shave:
    5/5,
  3. Thu'umhammer
    5/5,
    "My Daily Driver"
    Pros - Sharp, smooth, and cheap
    Cons - None
    This blade almost always provides a great shave, and pairs excellent sharpness with top class smoothness. For the price, it can't be beaten. And in a community where YMMV is gospel, this is one of the few products that most users will agree is excellent.
    Price:
    5/5,
    Quality:
    5/5,
    Longevity:
    4/5,
    Packaging:
    4/5,
    Sharpness:
    4/5,
    Smoothness of Shave:
    5/5,