What's new

Art of Shaving Unscented Shaving Cream

Item Description

This is one of my favorite creams.

Prices (early part of 2008) at USD$22/5.3 oz, this product is within the price range of high quality creams, and for me, delivers on that point.

With a peanut sized scoop, I can easily get enough thick rich lather for 4 passes (although I usually end up finishing at 3).

How thick and rich is the cream? I have a thick beard, and I can let a layer of this lather sit on my face without seeing any of my hairs- there arent many creams or soaps that I can say that about.

It provides a good lubrication for shaving, and leaves my face feeling soft and well moisturized.

I find myself grabbing this tub more often than my Truefitt.

Latest reviews

Pros: rich thick lather
Cons: price
Lathers easily and gives an incredible shave.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
AOS Unscented continues to be my gold standard for creams. It consistently produces a lush, thick, luxurious, slippery lather every time. I'm very open to alternatives. But, no other cream I have tried such as Castle, and the three T's produce a lather and experience of this high quality. I have decided that I don't like scented creams. Most of them either smell medicinal or artificial. It's definitely a YMMV situation. I also feel that scented creams - because of their additives - have more of a tendency to irritate the skin. That said, if I found a scented-only cream that performed better than this, well, I'd use it. Yes, it's upfront costs are a bit higher. However, they are competitive with the upper-range creams - really no expensive than any other premium cream. You use very little of it for each shave so a tub or tube last a long time. Most things in life aren't worth the extra money. This one is! In the broad scheme of things what's a few extra pennies every day? Certainly a better and cheaper "investment" than a store-bought cup of coffee or can of soda every day.

AOS gets a bad rap around here because they are a P&G company. Or have fancy stores or whatever. I say, "WHO CARES!" In the final analysis, a product either delivers or it doesn't. In my opinion, AOS Unscented Cream really delivers like no one else out there.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Great cream, does everything a quality cream suppose to. Just à bit pricy fot à student, one might say it left à huge crator in my wallet. :001_wub:

Item information

Added by
Paul
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
0.28 star(s) 18 ratings

More in Shaving Creams (Reviews)

More from Paul

Top Bottom