What's new

Art of Shaving Unscented Aftershave Balm

Item Description

I didn't expect this to burn when I put it on, but it did. Despite being unscented, it had the unmistakeble smell of middle school frog dissection. Formaldehyde and dead amphibian flesh. My face did feel very soft but at the price of being greasy for awhile.

Latest reviews

Ultimately, I did not care for the unscented Art of Shaving aftershave balm. It works well for a moisturizer, but it didn't work well on fighting razor burn. The smell is repulsive IMO, and it lingers awhile for a "unscented" product. I will never use this product again, and I would not recommend it to anyone.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
1.00 star(s)
Pros: incredible moisturizing
Cons: price
Best balm I've found, and a dime sized amount is enough. But the price is extreme.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
After I got the AOS Sandalwood sample kit for Christmas, my next purchase was the full size Unscented line. I really like this balm. True, it is expensive ($38) but a little bit of the balm goes a long way, so one bottle lasts quite a while (I got about 10-11 months on 3-4 shaves per week)

I would describe the product more as "without additional fragrance" because as some of the others have mentioned, the ingredients themselves do have a smell to them. The first bottle I owned had it bit of a nutmeg or cinnamon smell to it (very slight). My current (2nd) bottle is closer to being completely without scent though. I like this as it's easy to layer a cologne over if I choose. I have no idea where the hate over the smell of the balm is coming from in the other reviews - over two bottles my experience is a mild pleasant smell of the ingredients or virtually no smell at all. Maybe there was a bad batch out there?

Overall, it seems very good for my skin - fights razor burn well, very moisturizing. I gave it a nine for the latter category because it's easy to put on too much, and if you do it evaporates very slowly and leaves your skin looking shiny and greasy. This stuff is great in the winter months though. Anyway, two thumbs up for AOS Unscented Balm :thumbup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)