What's new

First red wings

S after trying some knockoff boots from academy I went for the real deal. I will say the Brazos boots at academy were just fine. Zero issues. I just really wanted these.
IMG_20180922_143504.jpg

Just got them today.i will say they are the type that needs to be broken in. They ate for work so I'd say a week should do.i will let you know.for the price and reputation I do expect to be happy with them.

Red Wing sharing thread!

These are Red Wing's Irish setter brand, style is 'two harbors'. They are completely waterproof which is important for my job. They see water and mud almost everyday.

Also they feel like wearing slippers.

20180922_153128.jpg

I LOVE my Redwings. Quality boots (with goodyear welt) are a great thing. They will last you a very, very long time. And are always resolable. Which leather care products are you using on them?

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve been Wearing redwings for work for a long time. Most other boots last me about a year maybe 18 months. My last set of red wings lasted 5 years.
Enjoy them!

Hey Dick,
The "white bottoms" are classic but so forgiving for standing all day. And quiet, no clomping around like other work boots. The moc-toes, that color, have to be the quintessential Red Wing model! I can understand why you'd want "those"
Here's my new work boots that I'm wearing in the house to speed up the break-in time. Not Red Wings, but still Union Made!
IMG_2860.jpg

I had been wearing Western leather sole boots for the last three years. The lace up and comfort style is different. They look cool for any occasion. No conditioner as I don't see the point. These are gonna be rode hard.

Im a big Red Wing fan. I work in an auto plant where Im on my feet for 8 and a half hours a day and need something that is comfortable and supports my feet and for me, its Red Wings or nothing. Ive tried Wolverines and they were OK but not as comfortable as Red Wings.
Theyre expensive but you get what you pay for.

Yeh, my father-in-law is a harley rider and he gave them to me. He lives about an hour away from the factory in southern MN and scoops up some really sweet deals. They are biker boots for sure! Now I just need the bike to go with them!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Just got them today.i will say they are the type that needs to be broken in.

I got a pair of Gentlemen Travellers (now I think called "Beckman" if memory serves) years ago. At first, I was not thrilled, as they were somewhat uncomfortable in certain spots. But ... I persevered and boy, have those boots aged well. I can wear them all day with heavy hiking ... did that just last week, as a matter of fact ... with absolutely no problems.

Hey Dick,
The "white bottoms" are classic but so forgiving for standing all day. And quiet, no clomping around like other work boots. The moc-toes, that color, have to be the quintessential Red Wing model! I can understand why you'd want "those"
Here's my new work boots that I'm wearing in the house to speed up the break-in time. Not Red Wings, but still Union Made!View attachment 914551

Are those metatarsal guards?

The last Red Wings I had were factory seconds and lasted for years. Great shoes. A bit pricey, but as someone pointed out once, factor in all the cheap shoes you'd have to buy over the same time your Red Wings will last.

Only workboots I buy. Union made Redwings are awesome!! Just bought a pair of 2212’s. My old Redwing boots were resoled 2 times and probably could have been again.

Only workboots I buy. Union made Redwings are awesome!! Just bought a pair of 2212’s. My old Redwing boots were resoled 2 times and probably could have been again.

Such are the times that there are no longer any local shops that repair shoes. I used to resole my shoes, but now there's no place to get that done.

OTOH, while I badly wore down the soles of my Red Wings, I wore them as around home work boots until the stitching disintegrated.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Such are the times that there are no longer any local shops that repair shoes. I used to resole my shoes, but now there's no place to get that done.

It's a declining profession, but there still are a few around. If nothing else, B. Nelson is out there, but I would encourage everyone to check their local area for a decent cobbler aka "shoe repair guy", even if it's one town over.

Top Bottom