What's new

Think I Just Found My Daily Driver, What's Yours?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm only about 4 1/2 years or so into my pipe journey, so I haven't settled on a "daily driver"yet, plus I only smoke about once a week. Nor have I identified an "all day smoke" as I can't really tolerate more than two bowls at a sitting. But I have a few potential contenders. Still sampling and many, many open tins in small mason jars and newly acquired tins waiting till they get some age on them. I suppose the blend I smoke the most of is Sutliff Aromatic English, followed by FMC and FMOTT.

I'm definitely in the "variety is the spice of life" camp, but I could smoke Heinrichs Dark Strong Flake just about every day and be happy.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
For a daily driver smoke in the truck after work Carter Hall is pretty good! Cheap enough to dump the bowl when the traffic isn't bad enough to have time to smoke the whole thing.
Some of the best bowls I have had were when I started a pipe, set it aside, and came back to it later. Some call that Delayed Gratification Technique

While I'm a big fan of Virginia's and VAPers, my daily smoke would be Dunhill My Mixture 965. It burns easily and has the perfect amount of Latakia.

While I'm a big fan of Virginia's and VAPers, my daily smoke would be Dunhill My Mixture 965. It burns easily and has the perfect amount of Latakia.
I don't exactly have a daily driver, but I've found that 965 is a pretty good mix, with just the right amount of Latakia. Normally if a tobacco has a high amount of Latakia it gets boring to me about 1/4 if the way through a bowl; something about too much of the taste of a campfire, which I enjoy, but in moderation.

My wife also doesn't mind the smell of 965, which I can't say about a lot of other Latakia blends.

I've also found that Sutliff Court of St. James and John Bull tobacco to have a similar profile, with the Sutliff coming out on top, IMO.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

I've settled on comoys cask 7. Just like LBF, but seems to bite my tongue less. This could very well be placebo effect.
I also like the tin, and recently ordered bulk to refill it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I smoke several different blends frequently, but in my truck to go with me anywhere is a dagner cob, a Morgan bones pipe, PS cube cut(I like the ease of dumping from my narrow jar(moonshine sample jar) into the pipe, and a similar size jar of comoys cask 7. I find I smoke more in the truck than at home.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I smoke several different blends frequently, but in my truck to go with me anywhere is a dagner cob, a Morgan bones pipe, PS cube cut(I like the ease of dumping from my narrow jar(moonshine sample jar) into the pipe, and a similar size jar of comoys cask 7. I find I smoke more in the truck than at home.

That sounds like the perfect set up for the road.

Squadron Leader. It just seems to have the right balance for me. The only downside is that comes rather wet in the tin and requires a little drying. First problem!

I'm really enjoying McClelland's 5110, and also C&D's Engine 99. I am going to try mixing them together to maybe capture the best of both.

Both are available in bulk, and pretty easy to find (not always BACKORDERED)

proxy.php

Top Bottom