What's new

Mr Bingle Presents: Reindeer&Sleigh Ver.3

I made a video and will upload it ASAP. Family and friends are arriving now so it will be later tonight.
Just to want to acknowledge and give a big THANK YOU!! :thumbup: to my Bingle Buddy SJ aka @Shave Jacket aka Frank! I love the gifts!

Personalized Alabama Crimson Tide RTIC 30oz. Tumbler
Palmolive Shave Stick
Taylor Of Old Bond Street St. James
Haslinger Sheeps Milk (Schafmilch) Soap
Haslinger Coconut Soap
And a nice handwritten note!
View attachment 711804

Really enjoying seeing everyone's gifts!
Thanks Mr. Bingle!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!

My Bingle Buddy went above and beyond for my Gifts. THANK YOU Matt!!! @Luecke2326.

A vintage bottle of AV ( now filled with Aqua Velva Sport)
Ferrero Roche ( almost gone by the way)
Soap Woods Walnut bath Soap ( used today, and you were right Wonderful )
Some Missouri Souvenirs ( bottle opener and Magnet )
Penhaligon's Sartorial Shave soap ( was going to purchase in 2017, again used today!)
and to top it off!!! a Home made skull cap from his lovely wife Iryna ( wont get a chance to use much in AZ, but today it is cold and Sleeting so it will be and my wife Sharon is already eyeing it to appropriate it, LOL)
A wonderful hand written card ( and no my penmanship is atrocious )

Here are the Pics.... and Viewer Discretion advised a selfie of me in the cap, Handlebar unkempt so if you have already eaten, please look away to avoid the need for imodium. The cap looks great, the wearer.... not so much, LOL In my defense I am wearing a Pink Floyd shirt so that should make up for the horror of the photo:001_smile

Thanks Again Matt for the lovely Christmas Gifts. I hope all you gents have a WONDERFUL DAY!!!!!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Dave,

We are so glad you like it! I have to be honest, I didn't know how cold it gets in your slice of AZ, but I'm sure you travel to colder places lol. We were thinking after she made the hat, "oh boy, maybe that was a poor choice.." Glad to see you're using the Aqua Velva bottle, it's way cool! Let me know about that soap!

Best wishes my friend and Merry Christmas!

Matt

To my bingle buddy:

Jason (Demaskee),

Thank you so much for your thoughtful gifts! Everything is wonderful, and I really appreciate it. I also particularly love the challenge coin. I haven't seen one of those since I was in the air force myself, and received one from my unit, which unfortunately was lost in the move when I separated.

For the masses, Jason was very generous and sent out a challenge coin from his unit in Alaska, a bag of 550 parachute cord in black, which I use to make various crafty stuff, tub of TOBS St. James, a Jinhao X450 in Matte Black Frost which I've always wanted to try, a Rite in the Rain weather resistant notepad, and (not pictured) a large bottle of Noodler's Baystate Blue, which I need to clean up a bit, as it seems the lid seeped a little in transport.
Again, sir, many thanks, and I hope your Christmas has been as merry as you've made mine, sir.
proxy.php
unable to edit this post for some reason, but wanted to correct myself. The pen is an x750. I'm preparing to ink it up now :)

Dave,

We are so glad you like it! I have to be honest, I didn't know how cold it gets in your slice of AZ, but I'm sure you travel to colder places lol. We were thinking after she made the hat, "oh boy, maybe that was a poor choice.." Glad to see you're using the Aqua Velva bottle, it's way cool! Let me know about that soap!

Best wishes my friend and Merry Christmas!

Matt

Thanks Again Matt, we are actually fighting over it to wear today as we go to some friends for dinner and it will be in the 30's, LOL

The Soap was typical Pen's a bit finicky, but I have 6 of the others so I got it dialed in pretty quick and already have the Sartorial EDT and LOVE it post shave was very nice!!

Holy Smokes! John @imatabor knows me better than I know myself! The rundown:

1) A decal of my beloved Giants.

2) Tube of Proraso green (one of my favorite creams)

3) Some tabacaveg that smells absolutely wonderful (what can I say, I'm "chosen").

4) Shave stick tube. Freaky because I just ordered a new stick of arko and needed to pick one up.

5) Vintage Williams! This is great as had a puck I was saving and my dog decided she wanted to see if the vintage was as tasty as the modern.

6) Gillette Blacks - my favorite blade, and I was down to my last 2.

7) GEM Micromatic with blades. SE razors have been on my bucket list for a while. Super excited to shave with it.

8) homemade bottle of Bay Rum. The LOTH enjoyed the smell, so home run here!

9) 2 shavettes for my boys to use next to me. I've never used a shavette, just straights, so these will get some real stick time as well.

John, thank you for such a thoughtful and generous gift! You completely nailed everything. I can't wait to dig in.

Merry Christmas to everyone on Badger and Blade.
proxy.php

It was fun stalking you. Hope you enjoy using everything.

Merry Christmas Bingle buddy.

So I opened my gifts this morning!!!

These are the following:
* Rockwell 6s, adjustable razor set
* NOS Gillette Techmatic
* NOS Gillette Trac II, demo model in a can(!)
* Wooden stant for several razors

And of course, a wonderful Christmas card!!!

Just WOW! Amazing gifts. I'm grateful. Also, shipping to Greece was extremely expensive.
@Komboloi "Κομπολόι", thanks for everything, Charles! It was a great package. I'm sure I will enjoy all of them! Merry Christmas to you, Happy Holidays!

I'll upload a picture as soon as possible. I have a problem with my camera.

Thanks for such a great gift exchange and Merry Christmas everyone!

Merry Christmas, Nikos! Glad you like the goodies. You seem like a guy who appreciates a quirky NOS razor every now and then.

Finally getting around to opening my gifts and posting.

First off, here's a video of me opening my box:

One of the things on my Bingle wish list was one of their favorite local items. I received 2 bags of whole bean coffee from a local roaster in CT called Vault Coffee Roasters. I am just starting my journey into coffee brewing that is not a Keurig. I bought a French Press but don't have a grinder yet, so I'll have to get one before I can try these out. In the video I said I couldn't read the types, whoever wrote them at the coffee place makes funky a's. Anyway, the coffees are Sumatra and Mexico Oaxaca.

I also got an EJ razor, a stand, and some blades.

proxy.php

There was no inentifying marks to who sent this to me other than they live in CT, so thank you Bingle Buddy, whoever you are!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, someone was snooping around my quarterly restraint threads and saw some of my fun and acted accordingly! You've no idea how excited I really am for the Spiderman Shave Set as my two-and-a-half year old nephew has been dying to shave with me and this will be prefect!

Thank you [MENTION=87630]cvargo[/MENTION] - it provided the best Christmas laugh I've had in a long time.

The 2 Glencairn glasses are perfect of course, because again you knew where to snoop around. One of them will be washed and used in about 10 minutes too! And yes I do remember you failing a restraint because of the Fine Platinum Shaving soap. It will be an honor to use it in your memory ;-)

I have not used or bought another soap other than Haslinger Schafmilch in over a year now, so it will be fun trying out all of the other things you sent. I'll keep you updated as I try each of them.

Thank you again Chad - definitely feels like Christmas now...

:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

View attachment 711848

I've opened my gifts, but my wife will kill me if I spend my time with the in-laws taking photos... They're getting tired, so it won't be much longer...

I made a video and will upload it ASAP. Family and friends are arriving now so it will be later tonight.
Just to want to acknowledge and give a big THANK YOU!! :thumbup: to my Bingle Buddy SJ aka @Shave Jacket aka Frank! I love the gifts!

Personalized Alabama Crimson Tide RTIC 30oz. Tumbler
Palmolive Shave Stick
Taylor Of Old Bond Street St. James
Haslinger Sheeps Milk (Schafmilch) Soap
Haslinger Coconut Soap
And a nice handwritten note!
View attachment 711804

Really enjoying seeing everyone's gifts!
Thanks Mr. Bingle!

Craig,
I'm glad you enjoyed the gifts. I had fun picking them out for you. I wasn't sure if SJ would be a big enough hint but it appears you had no trouble figuring it out. Merry Christmas!
Frank

My apologies for the somewhat late post. A house filled will the young'ns means we spend the wee hours in a flurry of paper and bows followed by a slow burn.
Once the major activity was past I enjoyed taking a moment to explore my new stuff from my Bingle Buddy (@jeremyseattle). The little box was absolutely packed with cool stuff. A nice tube of Proraso Green (C.A. Bigalow is not the same in my opinion), a great tin of solid cologne (this stuff is cool), a block of Klar Kitchen Cabinet, ogalala bay rum (I've gifted this plenty but never actual used it). I got a nifty Valobra stick ...man Valobra is great stuff. I also got a great bag of coffee beans and some blades. Then of course there was a tube of Tooth paste Good stuff for sure.
proxy.php

Thanks a bunch Jeremy!

Well, someone was snooping around my quarterly restraint threads and saw some of my fun and acted accordingly! You've no idea how excited I really am for the Spiderman Shave Set as my two-and-a-half year old nephew has been dying to shave with me and this will be prefect!

Thank you [MENTION=87630]cvargo[/MENTION] - it provided the best Christmas laugh I've had in a long time.

The 2 Glencairn glasses are perfect of course, because again you knew where to snoop around. One of them will be washed and used in about 10 minutes too! And yes I do remember you failing a restraint because of the Fine Platinum Shaving soap. It will be an honor to use it in your memory ;-)

I have not used or bought another soap other than Haslinger Schafmilch in over a year now, so it will be fun trying out all of the other things you sent. I'll keep you updated as I try each of them.

Thank you again Chad - definitely feels like Christmas now...

:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

View attachment 711848
Well I'm glad you enjoy it. Report back on the soaps, and my son who is almost 3 loves to shave with me, he has a very similar set.

I hope you have has a Merry Christmas and wish you a happy new year

I want to give a huge THANK YOU!!! :thumbup::w00t: to my Bingle Buddy! I looked all over the packaging but did not see a name so a big thanks to MR. Bingle. Sorry this has taken awhile to get up but I just finished with all the family obligations and had time to post.

View attachment 711853 View attachment 711854

I received the two most wanted items on my shave wish list this year from my Bingle Buddy. That being a hammered copper shave bowl and some MWF. I can not wait to try both of these items out and tomorrow evenings shave will def include both. I also received 2 tucks of Astra SP's which is a blade I have not tried yet. I will def give these a go sometime next week when it is time to switch out the blade.
I also received a nice pipe, with cleaners, and a tool. I had a little bit of a break earlier in the day and broke out the pipe and smoked a bowl of Kohlhasse and Koppe Winter Edition and it was a nice smoking pipe. Can't wait to get it fully broken in.
Thanks Again Mr. Bingle (whoever you are :001_smile)

Merry Christmas Everyone,
Frank

I can't wait I hope you enjoy it all even without personalizing it. I wish I had the time or ability to do it but I figured you would still enjoy it.

Top Bottom