What's new

Schick Type O is Being Produced Again

Do you have a link for the twin injector blades? In my Fleabay searches, I only find non-injector twins.

Do you have a link for the twin injector blades? In my Fleabay searches, I only find non-injector twins.

I assume this is a question for me? I don't think the forum rules let me post any links to an ebay seller.

Sent from Mars

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Her is what it looks like:

proxy.php
Thanks Jim!

I think he is being sarcastic. Since the seller won't ship overseas, the buyer can't spend his money--ergo, he saves it.

I've been hoping to see reviews of this razor here.

I saw it a couple weeks ago but wasn't sure about pulling the trigger. I will order one and give it a whirl.

:thumbup1:

I wonder why that happened. I just checked the site and it doesn't indicate that they are out of stock.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Well, I figured I would try, and ordered one very late on Friday. I hadn't received any shipping information, but wasn't at all concerned due to the holiday weekend. Went & got the mail and there's a poly bubble envelope in there from EBarber! It was postmarked in FLA on Saturday, in my Michigan mailbox today. Pretty fast by both the vendor and USPS for the grand total shipping of $2.93.

Opened it up - I didn't see a choice of boxes as was mentioned elsewhere, just a plain cardstock box, razor in a plastic sleeve.

I compared it visually to the Type O already in hand that I had snagged in the Bay a couple years ago for a bit higher price. The real O had a blued blank, the clone's appears to be of plain steel, and as noted the trademarks are absent. I also noted on my example the clone was missing just the very bottom rubber nub on the handle. The rest of it was visually and tactility identical. The cap on the clone may have been slightly less shiny, but that was stretch to find a difference.

So I figured I would load up one of the Twinjector blades that some folks love. When it wouldn't load smoothly I backed off, because the twinjectors while gimmicky are expensive buggers. Went and got a part pack of Personna, figured less loss if one of them got buggared. Still a struggle, the injector to razor alignment is off, like some find happens with the plastic personna injectors. Fine, so next I get a vintage Plus Platinum metal injector, into which I load a Personna blade. That was a struggle as well but finally got it loaded without dragging the edge on the stops. So that is where it sits. I won't shave until later, but am deciding whether to just post it back. I do have the "real" one anyway, that I've not shaved with.

I have at least one of every injector from A to O. Have used one since the first President from Texas was in office, and have never had such an issue. It feels like a combination of poor alignment of the razor head and injector, combined with a lack of lubrication on the twinjectors maybe? I used those back when and wasn't terribly impressed, but bought some last year to see if my take would have changed.

It is true that they don't provide a tracking number, or even a shipping notice, but mine arrived in a reasonable time--just not as fast as yours. I was surprised that mine was actually shinier than the Type O, but I had used the O for quite a while, so it might have been a little soap film that made the difference. Regarding the loading, mine didn't have any trouble, but then I used the Schick II injector that came with the blades I ordered from Japan. Your loading trouble might have been because of the Gillette Twinjector--I have used them in the past and was disappointed with both the injector and the blades. Mine has no problems with alignment of the head or blade. You might have gotten a bad one, so I would advise sending it back for a replacement. I haven't had any problems like you describe.

I also have all the types from A to O with a few spares and have been shaving the same amount of time as you. It's nice to come across another veteran of the days gone by. I hope that they will exchange a good razor for your problematic one.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I misspoke, I used Twinjectors generically, the double blades I tried were Schick Injector Twins in a metal injector. I know sometimes injectors (magazines) can be ornery, that's why I tried 3 different ones. All with the same result, though I did finally get a Schick Twin loaded with some twisting and a dental pick. I wrote to EBarbershop to see what their return policy is, and will wait for the answer before shaving with or binning the razor.

I don't recall any problems loading mine. I first loaded a Chinese Schick blade w/no problems and shaved with it once (on the mild side). I then loaded a NOS Schick Twin blade. There was slightly more resistance that with the single blade, but it still slid in smoothly and I had no difficulty keeping the edge(s) away from the stops.

Once loaded, the blade, head and guard all aligned properly.

Sounds like you may have gotten a defective razor.

--Bob

Top Bottom