What's new

New Nakayama Kiita

I procured this lovely stone from our own AlxGilmore. It is exceptional. Very fine grain, fast and a perfect size. I have only briefly tested it, but it feels wonderful, and shows much promise.

Nice!
Kinda has a woodgrain pattern, it seems.
Of course there's probably a real Japanese term for that, but that's beyond my scope of comprehension. :)

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Beautiful stone! Ive been wanting a Kiita for some time now....from what everyone is saying they Are really good stones. Congrats!

Nice Kan (rings) on that stone. I'd like to see a picture of it with better colour, your white balance looks off a bit. End of the day GREAT looking stone (where are the side/bottom pictures)?

Alex knows his stones, but looking at that stone on my laptop now it looks more Asagi than Kita to me.
But - it's hard to tell by a photo sometimes.
I think the pattern is Mokume - or partially Kan and Mokume. I feel it's Mokume but feelings aren't facts.
Regardless of the names of the pattern and color - it's a pretty stone for sure.

Alex knows his stones, but looking at that stone on my laptop now it looks more Asagi than Kita to me.
But - it's hard to tell by a photo sometimes.
I think the pattern is Mokume - or partially Kan and Mokume. I feel it's Mokume but feelings aren't facts.
Regardless of the names of the pattern and color - it's a pretty stone for sure.

It does have a very similar colour to the Ozuko that I have that thought was originally Kiita but you called asagi.

Top Bottom