What's new

Canadian gals know how to party

Yes. Yes, she does. I'm somewhat disgusted with myself as I'm old enough to be her father. Getting older, like parenting, is not for the faint of heart.

Take solace friend :001_rolle I'm old enough to be her GRANDFATHER! You have a lot of bridges to cross and roads to travel yet. Enjoy the journey!

So let me get this straight. Up in Canada they have women who play hockey, drink beer, smoke cigars and look good.

Some guys get all the luck.:001_smile

It might look tame and all, but it would have been better form to do in it the locker room if you want my opinion. That is why it drew the ire of the IOC. That and at least one of those young women was engaging in underage drinking on the ice in public.

proxy.php

Now, it might be legal to for Marie-Philip Poulin, age 18, to drink in her home province of Quebec and in Alberta, where the women's team trains, but it sure isn't legal in British Columbia. Now I don't care what you think of underage drinking, but the law is the law and it doesn't look good if you of your star players is flout the law.

I don't see what all the fuss is about. So what, they had a couple of beers, some champagne and smoked a few cigars? I think they're cool, congrats to them! I like a girl who can drink some and enjoys a smoke! In Formula 1, the winners spray champagne, drink some of it and have a good time. What's the difference?

Last edited:
If I win a gold medal in my backyard, I'm partying how I see fit with my people.:thumbup: I'm guessing that if the guys had done this, there'd be much less of an issue. It reminded me of the baseball players taking the celebration to the field. Having been a part of some champagne and beer laden celebrations, I'd say letting the fans have a part in that is a cool way of showing them how much you appreciate their support. I can tell you that the last thing I thought about was any fans during those throw downs:tongue_sm

If I win a gold medal in my backyard, I'm partying how I see fit with my people.:thumbup: I'm guessing that if the guys had done this, there'd be much less of an issue. It reminded me of the baseball players taking the celebration to the field. Having been a part of some champagne and beer laden celebrations, I'd say letting the fans have a part in that is a cool way of showing them how much you appreciate their support. I can tell you that the last thing I thought about was any fans during those throw downs:tongue_sm

Amen! I think the "backyard" piece is the crucial part of the debate here...yes, unfortunately one was underage...but its literally their "house"...shouldnt they be allowed to celebrate?

Amen! I think the "backyard" piece is the crucial part of the debate here...yes, unfortunately one was underage...but its literally their "house"...shouldnt they be allowed to celebrate?

Yup. Anyone who thinks them gals shouldn't have celebrated their win needs to lighten up & get some.

Is it just me or does #2 look really hot with that cigar? A rare female herf session, there needs to be more. I'm kind of jealous because those are more than likely Cubans they're toking on.

No, it's not just you.....that was the first thing I thought!

I think these women deserve a marketing contract with the cigar manufacturer!

Honestly, I do not get this uproar. If anything, the issue I have with all this is the IOC's response. For one thing, the arena was empty of paying customers. It's not like the women did this in front of them. Only a few reporters, photogs, and staff were around. Secondly, I have yet to see where the IOC specifically forbids private parties to be help by individuals or teams in celebrations of their medaling in any Olympics, Winter or Summer.

In all, let the ladies relish in the victory and have their celebration. Sheesh!

I had some experience with IOC people when the Olympics were here in Atlanta in '96. They were a bunch of tight a**es. Let the girls have their fun.

It might look tame and all, but it would have been better form to do in it the locker room if you want my opinion. That is why it drew the ire of the IOC. That and at least one of those young women was engaging in underage drinking on the ice in public.

proxy.php

Now, it might be legal to for Marie-Philip Poulin, age 18, to drink in her home province of Quebec and in Alberta, where the women's team trains, but it sure isn't legal in British Columbia. Now I don't care what you think of underage drinking, but the law is the law and it doesn't look good if you of your star players is flout the law.

Not to mention, it is illegal to smoke in the arena.

Ya wanna keep them from celebrating; beat them. They spent 4 years working toward this goal so party hearty and a pox on the IOC (buncha self-righteous stuffed shirts). I hope the cigars were the finest Cubans; the Champagne, France's finest; too bad the beer shown wasn't one of the fine micros. I'd bet any/all of the the fine micros would have been proud to see them consuming their wares. I only regret not being there to celebrate with them; I'd show them how, here, and now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom