What's new

Blade Feel

I use a 34C every day and find different blades give me different feels. So I think a lot has to do with the blade. Astra SP-SS are my go to, Derby I get a lot of blade feel with a very smooth shave. Feathers give me not a lot of blade feel but a very close shave, Sharks give me more blade feel than I like and not a very good shave. I don’t think I will ever move on from the 34C and just change blades for a different feel.

That being said I have tried a few razors from Fat Boy, New, Fatip P., Tech, and jut kept coming back to the 34C. The only razors I have now are the Merkur and a 54 Tech.
Blades do make a difference. I have some Astra SP on the way. Currently, Gillette Wilkinson (India) has been my go too blade.

M

mtcn77

I use a 34C every day and find different blades give me different feels. So I think a lot has to do with the blade. Astra SP-SS are my go to, Derby I get a lot of blade feel with a very smooth shave. Feathers give me not a lot of blade feel but a very close shave, Sharks give me more blade feel than I like and not a very good shave. I don’t think I will ever move on from the 34C and just change blades for a different feel.

That being said I have tried a few razors from Fat Boy, New, Fatip P., Tech, and jut kept coming back to the 34C. The only razors I have now are the Merkur and a 54 Tech.
I tried Shark with Yaqi Slant and got hooked. Both have a reputation for blade feel, I know what it means now: "good feedback from the blade". My shaves are consistent, no burs no stubble.

I hate blade feel as my skin just doesn't take it!

I like a gap around 0.85mm to 1mm but minimal exposure.

ATT Windsor H, Karve C/D, tinsel R6 tatara nodachi base with masamune cap are some examples of what suits my skin and allows for a 4 pass BBS.

Top Bottom