Osma Alum Block
Speick
Nivea Sensitive Cool Balm
Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue
SOTD11-23-20.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, Nov23, 2020

Razor: Everready British 1912- Mfg 1936-65, excellent mid range and it delivered a beautiful shave this morning.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (3) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity & smooths out nicely when used + predictable.
Soap: Razorock Lavender:001_wub:- excellent lather qualities with a masculine scent.(might be discontinued?)
Brush: Yaqi timber wolf whiskers 24 mm synthetic- excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:Excellent shave with my Everready British 1912 with a coated Gem blade.

MMMonday, Nov 23rd 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

0433C6FD-A63A-4E5A-96AF-AEA5C5881DD0.jpeg

SOTD MONDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 23, 2020

This morning’s dome shave was fun! The one safety razor I love tinkering with is my 2011 Muhle R41. I ditched the original handle years ago, and have tried several others. The Weber SS handle paired with the razor today seems perfect for it. It’s heft, weight and length felt ideal for me. One bloodless ATG pass put the baby to bed. The regular dome trouble spot in the back of my noggin was sheared right down to the skin line. The dome shave was every bit as good, if not better than the one achieved with my AC safety razors, and in fact only matched by my Shake Sharp!

My mug shave also checked all the boxes. Rather than my usual three pass traditional shave, I decided to try something different this morning by dropping the usual first WTG pass. The buttery smooth silver steel Tanifuji Airi delivered a two pass (ATG, XTG) shave that achieved the same result as my usual three pass one, despite what I thought was a weeper below my right ear (red on the blade). However, as seems to regularly be the case with MWF, it disappeared after the second lather. In any case, I feel clean, velveteen smooth and refreshed!

RAZOR: Tanifuji Airi 11/16 (Mug), Muhle 2011 R41 w/ Weber SS Handle
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot #007
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme Aftershave Balm.

Forgot to put up yesterday's, so I'm gonna throw it in here.

Sunday, 11/22

20201123_085846.jpg

Razor - Executive Shaving Outlaw
Blade - Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow
Brush - Wolf Whiskers "Becky" 24mm synthetic (bowl)
Soap - Ariana & Evans Choco Cubano
A/S - Ariana & Evans Choco Cubano

My face feels great today, probably well protected by the A&E stuff. Gave a good glide to even this not-the-sharpest blade. What a scent: boozy chocolate with a deep citrus note. It explodes with the A/S and there's more of a smoky tobacco note. This whole shave was just incredibly enjoyable.

Monday, 11/23

20201123_122152.jpg

Razor - Executive Shaving Outlaw
Blade - Feather
Brush - Dogwood Handcrafts 28mm Declaration B7
Soap - Wholly Kaw Pasha's Pride
A/S - Wholly Kaw Pasha's Pride

Excellent, my face is really smooth and incredibly comfortable. The chunky brush feels so fantastic in hand. Nice dense soft knot made a great lather easily and quickly, very impressed with how efficient it was. Razor had great glide and smoothness, and that was it!

PSX_20201122_073557.jpg

Razor: Gem Junior with brass bulldog handle
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

S.O.T.D - Monday, November 23, 2020
Pre-shave:- RazoRock Charcoal Lime PreShave Soap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Roger Quintero 3D Printed
Brush:- RazoRock Big Bruce
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Dirty South Shavers 2017
Razor/Blade:- Shick Adjustable Injector (M1)/Schick (19)
Post:- RazoRock Ultimate Alum / Thayers Cucumber WH / Stirling Balm
After-shave:- Stirling Dirty South Shavers 2017​
20201123_100944.jpg

Tuesday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Parker Variant
Blade: Personna Reds (D2)
Brush: WildWestBrushworks 22mm Faux Horsehair
Bowl: Supply Provision Marble 4.5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Patchouli & Mint
Shave Soap: WSO Signature