What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" November 16th - November 22nd, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD : 17th November 2020.

7.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.

Brush : Wilkinson Sword Boar.

Face Lather.

Soap : La Toja Shave Stick.

Blade: Trig ~ Silver Edge. (3) (Green cover)

Razor: Ming Shi 2000s (Settings) 2.5-wtg,2.5-wtg, 3-atg+pick ups.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint Lavender, +eucalyptus, Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ La Toja ~ ASL./Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning cold water shave,

the la toja stick today like the Lea stick, the lather, slickness & post shave feeling it created this morning was excellent which is a added bonus when using the assertive ming shi 2000s.

I can't believe that i haven't used this wonderful spanish sinorita more often...Shame on me....I really like the clean fresh fragrance from both the stick & ASL which to my nose reminds me of dove soap with a masculine edge.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.😎

Last edited:
SOTD, November 17, 2020

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Merkur 33C
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (3)
Brush: dscosmetic 26mm Carrot Synthetic Knot
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Belle's Place Green Irish Tweed
Aftershave: Old Spice
Additional Care:
Alum Block
Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber Toner
Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Face Scrub
cold water splash
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Tue, Nov17th,2020

Razor: Razorock Game changer .84 - Mfg 2018>, excellent Stainless steel razor.
Blade: Kai SS (5) excellent blade Sharp & smooth, Wider than a standard blade by .009".
Soap: Proraso red sandal wood- great lather qualities with a mild scent of Sandalwood!
Brush: Yaqi Timber wolf whiskers 24 mm knot- Excellent brush with cloud like soft tips.Very affordable with excellent quality.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on my cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red Sandle wood with witch hazel+ a dollop Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my RR GC .84 & combo with Kai SS DE blade.
DE SOTD, Nov 17th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Tuesday, 11/17:

20201117_094150.jpg

Razor - Executive Shaving Outlaw
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Strike Gold Shave 24mm Executive hand-tied
Soap - Saponificio Varesino Cosmo
A/S - Supply Arenella Coast

Today I went back to the SGS brush and generated some fantastic lather from the soap. Thick, creamy, and slick, with excellent protection. The brush has tremendous backbone and is gelling nicely. The Outlaw cruised smoothly through the lather, giving a very close, smooth shave. I can feel it a bit, and will probably opt for something a bit milder tomorrow, but this was excellent. 👍

Last edited:
FFCA3238-31D5-4EA1-AC9B-0F3AD5DBD0AD.jpeg

SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 17, 2020

This morning was a classic shave. The straight razor selected for my mug was the Puma 88 5/8. Since I hadn’t shaved with any of my Gem safety razors in quite I selected the Model 1912 for the dome. The Puma is an excellent 20th century razor, and provided an excellent shave this morning along with the Model 1912 which sheared my dome stubble right down to the skin line. I feel cool, clean and smoothly velveteen, or as my Scottish friend Billy, of the TSD straight razor group says, “dolphin smooth”!

RAZOR: Puma 88 5/8 (Mug), Gem Model 1912 (Dome)
BLADE: Pella PTFE Gem
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute w/ 26mm Boar Ferrule
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom