Soap Arko
Brush Yaqi 28mm Synthetic
Razor Yaqi Slant head on RR HD handle
Blade Elios Inoxidable 2nd
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Old Spice Original
Super nice creamy and slick lather!
Shave with this aggressive razor paired with my considered safe blade was an improvement from last use of the slant. Able to do the full 3+1pass without any weepers but did have some minor irritation. Wtg & xtg was ok but atg was skipping. Seems like the head is not able to clamp the blade rigid enough.
Result was some dfs but mostly sas. Rating 8.5/10
20201116_100145.jpg

11/16/2020

Prep: Warm shower and dove cremesoap to cleanse face
Pre Shave: Proraso Sensitive
Razor: Wilkinson Butterfly
Blade: Derby Premium
Brush: Wilkinson Pure Bristle
Creme: Prosar
Alum: Osma
Aftershave: Witch hazel and Nivea Sensitive

Rating: 7,5/10

I didn't have the best shave of my life, but it was ok. I did two passes, wtg and xtg. I had two weepers.

Dove soap softens and moisturizes the face and hair. Proraso pre shave is steadily good. The wilkinson razor does the job but I feel it makes me clumsy. The razor feels clunky and big. Maybe due to its design, weight and balance point. First time today using Derby Premium. Better than I was expecting, mild but effective. I look forward to testing it with other razors. The wilkinson brush is just a basic a brush that just does the job. Something with the Prosar creme. It's not bad but is not up there with the quality soaps. It falls behind in residual slickness but makes tons of foam fast and smells nice. The alum made the weepers disappear and the shave was concluded with witch hazel and Nivea Sensitive balm.

1116.png

Wade & Butcher American Razor | Crabtree & Evelyn Best Badger | Noble Otter Monarch x2

Busted out my very first badger brush, a gift from my wife decades ago when I first started wet shaving with any interest. I told her I had heard that badger was the bees knees. On my next birthday she gave me my first badger brush. :001_wub:

Monday, 11/16:

20201116_092028.jpg

Razor - Executive Shaving Outlaw
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Mojo Handcrafts 26mm Declaration B9A
Soap - Southern Witchcrafts Pomona
A/S - Brickell unscented

Another outstanding shave with the Outlaw. The brush felt great today whipping up an intense SW lather; the scent was intense, and the lather itself was just crazy thick, slick goodness. Scent is fairly strong, sweet, and I really enjoyed it. I get the apple, honey, and red wine notes very clearly. The Outlaw is really impressing me. These shaves are supremely close, and the razor is very smooth. It's just about at the maximum threshold of efficiency I can take. It doesn't necessarily feel aggressive as I'm shaving; there isn't a lot of bite or pronounced blade feel. But once I'm done my face lets me know it was incredibly close. I'm actually not sure if this could be a daily shaver for me. My face feels good today, probably owing to the Astra, but I wonder if several consecutive days with it would be too much. We shall see! But holy cow is my skin soft and smooth.

cartoon1605462871040.jpg

Razor: Gem Junior The Parade Baton Handle
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

SOTD-WFSR-B_2020-11-16.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 18/43 Pure
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Worlds Finest Safety Razor
Blade: Feather (4)
ASL: Iced Orange

WFSR Shave 14:
Another very fine shave. :biggrin:
All the team are doing a great job. The team manager couldn't be more pleased. :punk:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom