What's new

Favorite Saponificio Varesino Scent

Thank you so much, at least I have some ideas now 😀

Calone is the "Ocean Breeze" scent and I like that a lot, makes Davidoff Cool Water one of my favorite fragrances, since I was in high-school. I use it to this day.

Your description of "unisex", lemony and floral makes this probably a "light" scent ideal for everyday day use and this is actually what I like. WTH, I'll give it a go. It's very expensive so what's there to lose? Plus I love how that bottle looks like.

View attachment 1153437

Fwiw, I wouldn’t call it light. It’s more in the “perfect” spot.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Thank you @Marco, I will then make the "blind buy". I love Italian approach to pretty much everything, from food to clothes to men's care, so I'm sure it won't disappoint. I love the fresh, aquatic and citrusy scents, so can't go wrong and the price is good + there is a free shipping to EU.

Eccellente, Signore! Per favore, tienimi aggiornato quando riceverai il tuo Saponificio Varesino 70° Anniversario.

P.S. Since you love everything Italian, I had to post my reply in Italian, too. In your honour, Sir. :thumbsup:

Of the four I own I would say

Felce
Colonia
Cubebe
70th Anniversary

Both cubebe and 70th come to smell too sweet/cloying to me after a while so I have to use them only occasionally.

I have fallen completely for these soaps! I have tried a few vegan soaps before but this blows everything out of the water!!! I tried 8 samples and went with the more woody, vetiver, greens, smells.. Felce, Dessert vetiver, Cubebe and 70th anniversary.
😍

Of the SV I've tried, COSMO and Dolomit. In fact they're the only soaps of any brand I've bought more than once. Can't wait for the Dolomit 4.3 being widely available.
Oh, I've also bought Meißner strong n Scottish twice!

You can get aftershave samples here:

i just got a bunch of SV bath soaps so i can try out the scents. these include (in no order):

Dolomiti
Felce Aromatica
Manna Di Sicilla
70th annversary
Tundra Artica
Opunta
Cubebe
Cosmo
Mirto di sardegna
stella alpine

out of all of these, far and away the best scent is Manna. its a masculine powdery tobacco/rose like concoction. i think its a masterpiece and i'm definitely going to buy a puck

the other scents, honestly not much of a fan. in particular stella alpina and dolomiti flat out disgusted me as they smell like an very old lady's perfume. i hate those two scents.

Mirto di sardegna, 70th, and Tundra Artica are tolerable, but all of the others are forgettable and somewhat similar.

Top Bottom