What's new

Vintage Avon find

While my glass bottle is rather large I put just an inch or so of Florida Water in the bottom and closed her up. I let it set for a couple days and couldn't take it just sitting on the bathroom counter I had to smell it.

Not a huge difference but I could tell it to maybe a bit more "floral". Two more days brings me to right now. I smelled it again just now. It smells like a ladies perfume. I will probably try it tomorrow to see how it smells on me but I am worried. Maybe should have left that one alone.

KM

Then you realize Everest exists and it's perfect when it's hot outside.

Actually, Everest is a product of further refining the Windjammer idea. It was an "aquatic" some 15 years before such a thing existed. Also, it's the only green-blue aftershave by Avon, as far as I know.

Actually, Everest is a product of further refining the Windjammer idea. It was an "aquatic" some 15 years before such a thing existed. Also, it's the only green-blue aftershave by Avon, as far as I know.

Blue Blazer was a deep blue, though not blue/green.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding

I have never heard of Everest nor seen it in the UK. Were some scents released only on one side of the pond? Were some given different names in their respective countries? Are Hud and Clint the same scent for example? I have never seen Clint in the UK but I have seen Hud in the exact same bottle. I am not aware of many US members finding Hud which is seen often in the UK.

Blue Blazer was a deep blue, though not blue/green

I think I read that Blue Blazer was intended for the youth or teen market. Is that correct?

I do know there are some UK only aftershaves, as someone posted earlier in the thread. He had a bottle of "New World" which I'd never seen or even read about until then.

yes, Everest is like Windjammer with some more "pine" thrown in (think a milder Polo Green)..

I only have a small amount, but really do need to acquire more!

Was at a flea mall Friday, and they had a bunch of the Avon bottles scattered throughout the place. Almost picked up the Bulldog pipe, but decided to pass.. They had 2 of the Spartan heads, and a bunch of others.
had a few straight razors, but all of them way overpriced ($199 for a vintage Solingen that needed restoration, and a few Imperials that would need honing at a minimum for just under $100).

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Was at a flea mall Friday, and they had a bunch of the Avon bottles scattered throughout the place. Almost picked up the Bulldog pipe, but decided to pass.. They had 2 of the Spartan heads, and a bunch of others.
had a few straight razors, but all of them way overpriced ($199 for a vintage Solingen that needed restoration, and a few Imperials that would need honing at a minimum for just under $100).

Think I have three Spartan heads, all with Tribute.

But that bottle is so cool, I'd buy an empty and put some everyday aftershave in it!

AA

Cost me a pretty penny even after seller offered a discount but I finally have this scent not sold here in Australia secured. Decided if I ever wanted it I'd have to pay.
Cost me $30us but its full 6 oz, gold intact and with box. Go Avon peeps without googling guess what it is.

Screenshot_2020-08-08-11-14-08-1.png

Tribute is indeed worth it! A dirty lemon lavender thing, different from most of the Avon pack. Look for the Spartan head, they frequently have Tribute.

Love the 70s package too. An expensive globe in your study ... Those were the days!

AA

Tribute never made it to the Australian market so highly doubt I'll find Spartans.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Tribute never made it to the Australian market so highly doubt I'll find Spartans.

Hm, I have the aftershave and the cologne, have to fish out the AS. The Spartan head stays on my desk!

Civet, lemon, lavender. There are online reviews of Tribute - think it's a chypre.

Would go very well with an Arko shave!

AA

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have this on the way which is new for me, this is the seller's image. A boxed 100ml Hud aftershave in a superb bottle. Can anyone confirm that this is the same scent as Clint in the USA, as the bottles and boxes are identical?

s-l1600.jpg

Top Bottom