What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Tuesday, June 16
Schick E2
Schick(5)
Omega 10290
Mike's Bergamot, Orange, Ylang-ylang
Clubman Classic Vanilla
20200616_211858[1].jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Wed, June 17th 2020

Razor: Oneblade Core Version 2- Mfg 2018> Excellent #1 Daily driver razor, mild but works excellent with a little pressure. Excellent on chin area, trimming back of neck and ears.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE modified (3) Just a excellent blade in this razor. Good sharpness, longevity & cost.
Soap: Nivea sensitive shave cream- great scent soap,I like to use this with remnants of other soaps usually lately.
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm synthetic- Sagrada Familia- one of my favorites to use, I like their Tuxedo knot.
Pre-Shave:Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep:Cold water rinse after each rinse of 3 + pickups.
Post Shave: Nivea refreshing aftershave+ a tiny dollop of Nivea Balm.
Results:CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Just a excellent shave with my SE Oneblade v2 razor.
SE SOTD- Wed, June 17th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Since I missed posting yesterday, Tues (06/16)
OneBlade / GEM (3rd)
Barbasol Pacific Rush (Heated)
Old Spice Type AS
Soap Commander Balm

Today, Weds (06/17)
Schick M Adjustable / Schick Twin (Everlasting, lost count)
TBS Maca Root & Aloe / 30mm Tuxedo - Face Lathered
Avon Olander AS Splash
Soap Commander Balm

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
RazoRock Hawk V3SB
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (5)
The last bits of OH Puck in the mug, plus a chunk of Proraso Green (red cedar, menthol, eucalyptus...interesting)

No blood, no nicks, no weepers, a little irritation in the usual spot, two passes, a little cleanup, DFS+.

One of the things I like about the hobby is gettin' outta bed on a shave day KNOWING that I've got a good shave coming.

O.H.

RazoRock Hawk V3SB
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (5)
The last bits of OH Puck in the mug, plus a chunk of Proraso Green (red cedar, menthol, eucalyptus...interesting)

No blood, no nicks, no weepers, a little irritation in the usual spot, two passes, a little cleanup, DFS+.

One of the things I like about the hobby is gettin' outta bed on a shave day KNOWING that I've got a good shave coming.

O.H.

Its either that or the expectation that if not today, I will get it next time. Keeps me going. Ha ha.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Its either that or the expectation that if not today, I will get it next time. Keeps me going. Ha ha.

I hear that! Another part of the hobby is gettin' outta bed on a shave day knowing that I'm going to have to "negotiate" a good shave from a razor I don't get on well with. And then there's tryin' a new razor, or a different blade, or new soap, or...

Lots of reasons to get outta bed on a shave day! Plus if I lay around too long my wife puts the dog on the bed so she can jump on my bladder.

Thur 18th June

Occams Hiram Commander-Plate 3 & Feather Proguard [ 6 ]
Despite its apparent weight it feels very comfortable in the hand and delivers a good Shave. I prefer it to my late King Cobra, which really was heavy.

IMG_0807.jpg

Razor: Schick M1 Dial Injector razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Rubberset 203 in Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Haslinger Shafmilch
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200617_090605.jpg

Yesterday was another crazy day, and I apparently missed posting again:

Thursday's Shave:
Schick Adjustable / Schick Twin Blade
TBS Maca Root & Aloe / RR 26mm Monster
Avon Olander
Stirling Balm

Friday's Shave:
OneBlade Genesis / GEM (3rd)
TBS Maca Root & Aloe
Pinaud Yu - Which I've heavily mentholated
Pacific Shaving Caffeinated Cream (Also cooling, no real scent)

Two excellent three pass shaves. Next up, will most likely be my GEM MMOC or Bullet come Monday, unless the urge to shave strikes over the weekend.

Top Bottom