What's new

PIF - looking for some folks who want to try something new.

Last shave this morning and used the Short Comb Ball End razor.
Very nice close shave! Had to be careful as it seemed the blade exposure was a bit more than the Red Tip so I was slow with it.
Took me a little longer but only had to go two passes and some clean up! Face feels great but I'm sure if not careful this razor can mince your face up.
Box going out tomorrow to @ryinzana with all the razors that I received.
This was a cool experience and a lot of fun!
proxy.php

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Thanks for the great posts!

Ok, as @Suhrim21 wants to move to the end here is the new list:

1. @ryinzana - mailed the box this morning.
2. @Biglo13
3. @Suhrim21

I enjoyed the razor pass around, it was something different and cool to do.
Enjoyed getting mixed and personal thoughts from a B&B'r on any one particular razor.
I hope you gents enjoy the box as much as I have!

TY.
What did you end up keeping? Is that a futura or clone?
I didn't keep a razor. I was eyeing the Tuckaway but it was taken well before I got the box - oh well, all in the fun of it!
The adjustable is a clone, a Ming Si I believe.

I just got the box yesterday and gave the MingShi adjustable (Futur clone) the first go. The razor has a nice heft to it and I got a nice shave. Feels pretty well built. I'm not a huge fan of the mechanism used to hold the blade in place (friction cap), but it did it's job and felt secure during the shave. There was a lot of blade feel/audible feedback during the shave which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I used the 3 setting on my first pass and a 2 on my second and third passes and got a very close comfortable shave. Above this setting you are looking at a pretty substantial blade gap. Due to the bulky head design it is a little awkward under the nose, but I plan on using this a 1-2 more times before moving on to the next razor. Overall, I liked it. I use a Gillette Super adjustable for my daily driver which I find to be a smoother shave.

Last night tried the Futur clone again. Same experience as the night before. Tried like crazy to get the hairs right under my nose, but my facial features couples with the bulky head design made it so it just didn't happen. Had to switch to my Super Adjustable to clean up this spot. With that, I'll be moving onto a new razor tonight. Will post my thoughts tomorrow.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Quick shout out to @Claven2 for starting this, and the rest of youse guys for keeping it going. I will have to live vicariously through you guys, because I sure don't want to give the War Department any added ammunition in her war to keep my shaving hobby manageable! Awesomeness!

So used the Gooodwill a few times. This one is going to be hard to pass up. Am getting some very close shaves. Finding it very efficient, yet very comfortable paired with Astra blades. Great combo IMO. May use it once more before moving onto something new.

Used the OT Short Comb a few times and liked this one as well. A little more blade feel to it than the Goodwill, but pretty comfortable once you get a feel for the razor. Had to do a quick one-pass shave this morning and get out the door. Still felt pretty smooth afterwards! Nice and efficient!

Think I'm going to give the Super Speeds a try (black and red tips) and then send the box on its way in a few days. Will keep everyone updated!

I've been holding out hope that the other box doesn't get dead but it's not looking good. Please add me to the list for this one.

Top Bottom