What's new

Ariana & Evans L' Orange Verte

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I used this soap today and I don't know what to say about it in a good way. The orange scent is not very sweet' but I like it. This soap had my saliva glands working while I was using it. Oh yeah, the soap performed very well also. I almost forgot. I have to look up the description again to see what makes up the fragrance. I could literally taste this soap while I was shaving.

I am a big fan of orange scented soaps. I assume, I would enjoy an orange scented shave soap as well. I just don't know what aftershave I would pair it up with. What did you use?

I am a big fan of orange scented soaps. I assume, I would enjoy an orange scented shave soap as well. I just don't know what aftershave I would pair it up with. What did you use?
A couple of suggestions: 1) Fine L'Orange Noir; 2) Mike's Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper. That said, if you go with A&E L'Orange Verte soap why not also get the matching A&E aftershave product? I have used A&E in the Asian Plum scent and the matching aftershave is very good. I have to assume that the AS for L'Orange Verte is also top notch though I have not tried it.

...That said, if you go with A&E L'Orange Verte soap why not also get the matching A&E aftershave product? I have used A&E in the Asian Plum scent and the matching aftershave is very good. I have to assume that the AS for L'Orange Verte is also top notch though I have not tried it.

The AS is simply divine!! When I wear it I get many compliments. As well, A&E shave soap is top shelf stuff!!

I pair it with CRSW Jardin d'Orange, but I just looked and it does not appear that they still make it (or it's just out of stock). It also goes well with Hermes D'Orange Verte cologne.

I used this soap today and I don't know what to say about it in a good way. The orange scent is not very sweet' but I like it. This soap had my saliva glands working while I was using it. Oh yeah, the soap performed very well also. I almost forgot. I have to look up the description again to see what makes up the fragrance. I could literally taste this soap while I was shaving.

Dirty orange scent items are amazing! This would go very well paired with Terre D’Hermes (which it is modeled after I think?).

Dirty orange scent items are amazing! This would go very well paired with Terre D’Hermes (which it is modeled after I think?).

I think it's actually modeled after Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte, but I don't have first hand experience with the A&E product. I want to try this A&E soap/splash. I love the Hermes EdT (Terre, too).

I received a tub of this soap yesterday and used it this morning. First time use for me with this brand. I think it will be the last. Very little protection for shaving and it would be a stretch to say that it smells anything resembling orange.

I received a tub of this soap yesterday and used it this morning. First time use for me with this brand. I think it will be the last. Very little protection for shaving and it would be a stretch to say that it smells anything resembling orange.

Did you use water?

1st tier for me. Hard to imagine anybody not liking the A&E base. Give it another shot.

I like the A&E L' orange verte. very much. My face won't tolerate some of the cirtus scents containing lime, lemon and grapefruit. However, orange, tangarine and bergamot scents work well. It has been mentioned earlier, but the performance of A&E soaps, when properly hydrated, is Tier 1, as good as soaps costing $5-10 more.

I have six of the scents in my den: Asian Plum, Grecian Horse, L Orange Verte, Sparticus, Summer Fig, and Vetiver Magnifique. The only scent I am not fond of the is Summer Fig. I have not purchased other scents because they contain scent notes to which I am sensitive.

Did you use water?

Interesting question! I just recently switched my routine from soaking both soap and brush while I shower to brush only and leaving my brush real wet on a dry soap puck. I'll try soften the puck with water. I will definitely keep trying to find a way to make this soap work for me, as it is highly recommended by many.

Sorry guys but I am going to present an opposing view. The performance of the L'Orange Verte is great but the scent doesn't work for me. I don't know - something perfumey about it. To let you know, I am a huge fan of orange/green scents. The CRSW Jardin d'Orange is one of my very favorite scents and I have worn the Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte for years. I only wish the A&E resembled the Hermes cologne. Unfortunately, the A&E sits in the corner of my cupboard unused and unloved.

Sorry guys but I am going to present an opposing view. The performance of the L'Orange Verte is great but the scent doesn't work for me. I don't know - something perfumey about it. To let you know, I am a huge fan of orange/green scents. The CRSW Jardin d'Orange is one of my very favorite scents and I have worn the Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte for years. I only wish the A&E resembled the Hermes cologne. Unfortunately, the A&E sits in the corner of my cupboard unused and unloved.

Thanks for the heads up on this! I’m going to check out today the CRSW.

Top Bottom