What's new

CALLING ALL SCHICK TYPE F INJECTOR RAZOR OWNERS!

I am new to owning a nos complete Schick type F injector razor. LOVE IT!! Great shaves and the looks that Kill!Thought this time of year its nice to reflect the year, and all your great Schick type F shaves along with your shaving discoveries & finds.So lets have some fun... Come one come all, and show off your Schick type F Injector razor, along with your Favorite products, for your up and coming Holiday shaves!Happy Holidays and Cheers to many years of pure enjoyment shaving with your Schick type F or Technically the Schick New and improved razor!

proxy.php
proxy.php

I am new to owning a nos complete Schick type F injector razor. LOVE IT!! Great shaves and the looks that Kill!Thought this time of year its nice to reflect the year, and all your great Schick type F shaves along with your shaving discoveries & finds.So lets have some fun... Come one come all, and show off your Schick type F Injector razor, along with your Favorite products, for your up and coming Holiday shaves!Happy Holidays and Cheers to many years of pure enjoyment shaving with your Schick type F or Technically the Schick New and improved razor!

proxy.php
proxy.php
And you didn't post a photo?????:a36:

proxy.php
proxy.php
20181215_161056.jpg

And you didn't post a photo?????:a36:
Sorry had to get the right light!

Shown here is a nos Schick type F Complete & a custom sterling silver razor,brush and bowl stand by a metal and carbon fiber fabricator in the car racing world & last but not least a 1 of 1 custom Wolf whiskers & autographed jumbo PI- Day handle in super Manchurian with a translucent 2001 a space odyssey handle.

I have this as a show piece Schick F set and have a Schick type F daily driver.

NEXT...

Your turn..

Last edited:
Sorry had to get the right light!

Shown here is a nos Schick type F Complete & a custom sterling silver razor,brush and bowl stand by a metal and carbon fiber fabricator in the car racing world & last but not least a 1 of 1 custom Wolf whiskers & autographed jumbo PI- Day handle in super Manchurian with a translucent 2001 a space odyssey handle.

I have this as a show piece Schick F set and have a Schick type F daily driver.

NEXT...

Your turn..
Very nice and congratulations. :a14:

I have only the older E type and a Golden 500. I used this one today.

Attachments

• 320E6922-B809-4BF9-BE07-506DB507D382.jpeg
    320E6922-B809-4BF9-BE07-506DB507D382.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 34
How did you happen upon TWO Type Fs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was up early one day in mid Oct heading to the race track. I was staying in a small town near Buford GA, and had some extra time, so i walked into a mom and pop modern store/antique store. The owners brothers belongings were in a small display case of pipes,Tobacco pouches, lighters,knifes,tools etc.. I saw the razor tucked back in the display case. I inquired about it, and got the whole scoop on it as well. His brother bought it at the local hardware store in town before he went into the army, never used it,because he had left to Germany earlier than planned.When i saw it, the looks of it alone sold me. He also brought out a frye boot box of other razors that had been collecting dust in store. He said he never opened this box since maybe the 60's.Only remembered it when i spoke of shaving and razors.. It was like opening Pandora's razor box lets say.I bought a hand full or so of sought after razors from that box, and on the bottom was loose Schick F in a plastic travel soap box. When i opened it and looked at it close up, it was nos as well.Flawless/perfect & still had the dummy blade in it, just as the nos complete set one has.I guess this is called a lucky find in the Wild!I have been lucky to have had several occasions like this.I my mind the Schick F is a real looker of all the Schick's ever made, and is right up there with some of the Holiday presentation razor boxes of the 1950's-60's Gillette double edge sets.Last but not least my daily driver Schick F shaves like a dream and is a touch aggressive which i enjoy.Not to be confused by my racing daily driver.:001_cool:

Attachments

• s-l1600 (31).jpg
    s-l1600 (31).jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 66
I was up early one day in mid Oct heading to the race track. I was staying in a small town near Buford GA, and had some extra time, so i walked into a mom and pop modern store/antique store. The owners brothers belongings were in a small display case of pipes,Tobacco pouches, lighters,knifes,tools etc.. I saw the razor tucked back in the display case. I inquired about it, and got the whole scoop on it as well. His brother bought it at the local hardware store in town before he went into the army, never used it,because he had left to Germany earlier than planned.When i saw it, the looks of it alone sold me. He also brought out a frye boot box of other razors that had been collecting dust in store. He said he never opened this box since maybe the 60's.Only remembered it when i spoke of shaving and razors.. It was like opening Pandora's razor box lets say.I bought a hand full or so of sought after razors from that box, and on the bottom was loose Schick F in a plastic travel soap box. When i opened it and looked at it close up, it was nos as well.Flawless/perfect & still had the dummy blade in it, just as the nos complete set one has.I guess this is called a lucky find in the Wild!I have been lucky to have had several occasions like this.I my mind the Schick F is a real looker of all the Schick's ever made, and is right up there with some of the Holiday presentation razor boxes of the 1950's-60's Gillette double edge sets.Last but not least my daily driver Schick F shaves like a dream and is a touch aggressive which i enjoy.Not to be confused by my racing daily driver.:001_cool:
Amazing story. I’m just becoming acquainted with injectors, but the Type F is the nicest looking I’ve seen.

Amazing story. I’m just becoming acquainted with injectors, but the Type F is the nicest looking I’ve seen.

You will love the Schick F razor! Awesome shaver and great with Personna 74 vintage injector blades in it! Super sharp,smooth and they last and last. I hope you find your razor in the wild!They were really only made for about 4 months, so they are super scarce and overall relatively very few were made! I have some cool orig Schick F/new and improved razor ad's in route, and will be framed and hung in the shave den, along with all my other vintage razors & Gillette stuff. What a great hobby and passion this wet shaving is. Especially the vintage part of it.

You will love the Schick F razor! Awesome shaver and great with Personna 74 vintage injector blades in it! Super sharp,smooth and they last and last. I hope you find your razor in the wild!They were really only made for about 4 months, so they are super scarce and overall relatively very few were made! I have some cool orig Schick F/new and improved razor ad's in route, and will be framed and hung in the shave den, along with all my other vintage razors & Gillette stuff. What a great hobby and passion this wet shaving is. Especially the vintage part of it.

If I understand correctly, you have two Type Fs. Would you consider selling one?

Hi Slackskin, I do have 2 Schick Type F razors. One is a nos Schick F razor complete. The nos but gently used stand alone Schick F razor is Minty as well.Let me consider that.

How does the “F” compare to the “E”?

The F is more aggressive and has a better weight balance factor being brass,aluminum & copper.I find it to be one of my favorites even over my Schick B or C. Although the B and C are unique and great shavers.The Schick F reminds me of my Schick M on setting 7. Use a vintage Personna 74 blade in these to experience the ultimate shave.

Last edited:
The F is more aggressive and has a better weight balance factor being brass,aluminum & copper.I find it to be one of my favorites even over my Schick B or C. Although the B and C are unique and great shavers.The Schick F reminds me of my Schick M on setting 7. Use a vintage Personna 74 blade in these to experience the ultimate shave.
Have your read why it was short lived? The E was being produced during the same time frame 1935-45. The G came later and was the same as the E in design.

I own a few rare injectors such as a E1 and a D type like many searching for an F type. Great acquisition story btw.
The E1 is more to my liking as in mild while the D type takes no prisoners. I hear the F type although listed as moderate aggressiveness is mild compared to the D type.
D-Type-1.jpeg

Yes, I know exactly why it was very short lived.Got this info from a Former Schick employee in the day. The precious metals used in the F were needed for the war effort. Schick was ordered to stop making them, and the on hand metals were bought by the Gov.The F came out in Nov 1940, shown in vintage ads dated Dec 1st 1940.Known as the "New and Improved razor" Production was ceased within the first two months of 1941.Last known ad was in Esquire magazine dated February 1st 1941.The F is much more scarce and production was alot more limited than folks know or were told about..The E had several variety's within that those years, such as an all metal gold plated version and a unique scissor style opening version. The F by far in the best in many ways, and the killer looks that set it apart from any razor. When the copper head is polished it shines like crazy and adds such a dimension to the razor and its design and art deco lines, along with the case.Rock & Roll..

I own a few rare injectors such as a E1 and a D type like many searching for an F type. Great acquisition story btw.
The E1 is more to my liking as in mild while the D type takes no prisoners. I hear the F type although listed as moderate aggressiveness is mild compared to the D type.
View attachment 935938

Nice Type D. I like mine as well. I think much of the variety of users saying one is more mild vs aggressive is subjective,such as prep and product etc..but much has to do with the blade being used as well. I choose Jap pro-lines and vintage personna 74's(preferred) as my guide to how close a shave i get. I choose those blades because they are far superior to the currant Chinese made Schick blades, although not bad,there is no comparison in my mind and the minds of many other Schick aficionados.

Nice Type D. I like mine as well. I think much of the variety of users saying one is more mild vs aggressive is subjective,such as prep and product etc..but much has to do with the blade being used as well. I choose Jap pro-lines and vintage personna 74's(preferred) as my guide to how close a shave i get. I choose those blades because they are far superior to the currant Chinese made Schick blades, although not bad,there is no comparison in my mind and the minds of many other Schick aficionados.

Thanks for the tip. Sounds like their may be some hope for that D type yet. Will have to source some Pro-lines or even vintage Personna 74's.

Top Bottom