What's new

CALLING ALL SCHICK TYPE F INJECTOR RAZOR OWNERS!

First off Merry Christmas to all Schick F injector razor fans! Cheers!! Well i got some new shave gear this Christmas eve. I Ran into the family room, and the old man himself was standing holding my stocking that was hung by the fireplace.I said Santa you have shaved.. Ho Ho he said wink in his eye. Yes i have shaved yes i have.Tired of the old whiskers. He then replied.."I love my 1940 Schick type F razor and winter spice shave soap you know.. ho ho as his belly was a jiggle"..That's awesome i said to Santa and so do i.. I reached down to the ankle of my stocking and wow!I said Mr. Claus you have been more than generous with this high end shave gear! A new wolf whiskers custom made and signed shave brush, aqua di Parma shave soap and nos Personna 74 injector blades and a matching vintage Schick ad of my Schick type F razors.. Santa this stuff is hard to find and $. He replied..Ho Ho no worry's.. there is more high end shave gear for you on Christmas day and all this next week by orders of Me.. Mr Claus(call me Santa) & Mrs Claus.. Just then Santa disappeared in a blink of my eye.. with the faint sound of bells and some clicks and the snap of a strop in the air..I flew like flash, off to my shave den i go.Happy Holidays to all and and many great shaves!

Attachments

• 20181224_145040.jpg
    20181224_145040.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
I can't express how much I have enjoyed reading this forum,and how much I've learned from it about the Schick type F razor.. I too have one of these razors along with it's case, mine however is sadly not in as great shape as all of yours but considering where and how I found it, it's looking pretty good considering .. My fience and I enjoy digging for bottles and thins like that, we went to camp one day and along our way we came upon an old abandoned camp (decinegrated into the ground) with a large trash pile around it. We HAD to stop and look around, after hours of picking through old trash and bottles,just as I started to get bored and ready to leave something caught my eye.!!! I reached down and dug out this plastic case, immediately I was intrigued, as I open the case I discover an old razor. Upon bringing it home and doing a bunch of research I discovered I had found what seemed to be a pretty rare razor, I'm a keeper, so with that being said I packed it away safely, and I just dug it back out today and then found this forum. Which was SO much help, and after reading about and seeing everyone's collection I feel the need to share a photo of mine . My razor is in decent, usable shape, my case how ever I can't say the same for, it's broken and warped but still capable of holding the razor, but in bad shape or not I refused to throw it away.. It had been down in the ground and in the weather for so long (YEARS) before I found it that I couldn't bring myself to seperate them even if the case was rough... Earlier on in the year, my fience had been there digging around and also found himself a razor,older than mine although not as rare but STILL wicked cool. His is a Gem Micromatic comb style razor from 1929-1930s, anyone have any info on the gem micromatic/ OCMM? Here are some pictures of my beauty 💜 thank you all again .

Attachments

• received_670120486865661.jpeg
    received_670120486865661.jpeg
    258 KB · Views: 12
  • received_538422140177453.jpeg
    received_538422140177453.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 11
  • received_1435950649944463.jpeg
    received_1435950649944463.jpeg
    248.8 KB · Views: 11
  • received_867548593723457.jpeg
    received_867548593723457.jpeg
    273.1 KB · Views: 10
  • received_291112591892451.jpeg
    received_291112591892451.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 11
I ..... His is a Gem Micromatic comb style razor from 1929-1930s, anyone have any info on the gem micromatic/ OCMM? ... .

Not at all rare as it was a best selling razor for a decade, (1930-40) but hugely important as the first twist to open safety razor. Modern Gem shaving blades work fine with it. As you might guess from my avatar it's a top razor for me. Lots of info here if you do a search.

proxy.php

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing. Yes I'm aware that the gem micromatic is not a rare razor, I was referring to my razor as the one being rare, I have a 1940-1941 Schick Injector razor. The gem micromatic belongs to my fience.. I have done some research on here for both razors, I plan to continue doing more..

Thank you for sharing. Yes I'm aware that the gem micromatic is not a rare razor, I was referring to my razor as the one being rare, I have a 1940-1941 Schick Injector razor. The gem micromatic belongs to my fience.. I have done some research on here for both razors, I plan to continue doing more..

Yes that was all understood, I read your post. Good luck.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Nice find! My local Long's/CVS has Schick injector blades on the yellow card which will work in your razor just fine. You can also find them on Amazon. Nice story, too.

Top Bottom