What's new

CALLING ALL SCHICK TYPE F INJECTOR RAZOR OWNERS!

Random question how do I add this to my watched threads? Also does anyone know of a good copper cleaner along with aluminum where to get it?

Random question how do I add this to my watched threads? Also does anyone know of a good copper cleaner along with aluminum where to get it?

Hi Cardsfan and welcome to the Schick type F discussions.I just checked with my local expert metal guy.. its quite simple really. Here are the steps. Please provide a pic of the razor before you start the below steps.

grab a peanut butter jar or taller coffee mug.

fill cup 1/3 of the way up with vinegar

take a tablespoon of salt and stir it in the vinegar till dissolved.

put Schick type F razor head down.submerge all copper area before handle

let soak for about a 1/2 hr.

rinse off razor with hot water

take a single cape cod wipe(hardware stores) and polish the copper head and around the 2 rivets then polish around the brass blade guard and around the area marked Key.

a true non petina copper color should show or begin to show on the decorative head and plate around the rivets

brass area will shine up easier

repeat in the same vinegar and salt bath you used before, until you have a true bright copper color decorative head..It Should have the bright color of a fresh cut copper electrical wire when you cut away the plastic coating. So not a gold color.

handle.. scrub with single cape cod wipe and into groves on the aluminum handle,this will shine to a shimmer quite easily with a cape cod wipe.

this also sanitizes the razor and dissolves any past shaving stuff under where the blade goes.

Nothing here will harm the metals of this razor.

Your razor will look like it just came off the Schick assembly line pre Holiday Nov 1940!

Let us know how it goes with before and after pics!

Last edited:
Yes, I know exactly why it was very short lived.Got this info from a Former Schick employee in the day. The precious metals used in the F were needed for the war effort. Schick was ordered to stop making them, and the on hand metals were bought by the Gov.The F came out in Nov 1940, shown in vintage ads dated Dec 1st 1940.Known as the "New and Improved razor" Production was ceased within the first two months of 1941.Last known ad was in Esquire magazine dated February 1st 1941..

Advertised LIFE magazine April 7, 1941.
proxy.php

Thank you for the ad. The scoop there is it went into life magazine (was submitted late Feb 1941? for this ad, but the razor was no longer in production as of Feb 1941. An over lap that was to late to remove at Life magazine. The razor was intended to be in production for the whole year of 1941.I will have to change my dates shown in my orig posting on this because it a tad confusing when what ads started and ended when.

There was a follow up comic style ad that talked about i am not selling my metal razor because guys want one and there was no metal for Schick to make more.. I will try and find that ad.. quite funny!

Thank you for the ad. The scoop there is it went into life magazine (was submitted late Feb 1941? for this ad, but the razor was no longer in production as of Feb 1941. An over lap that was to late to remove at Life magazine. The razor was intended to be in production for the whole year of 1941.I will have to change my dates shown in my orig posting on this because it a tad confusing when what ads started and ended when.

There was a follow up comic style ad that talked about i am not selling my metal razor because guys want one and there was no metal for Schick to make more.. I will try and find that ad.. quite funny!
How do you know the production ended in February?

How do you know the production ended in February?

One of my distant relatives i never met in person(phone) worked for Schick from 1939 till 1949. He did sales and marketing.Found this out at a family reunion. I asked him by phone this question about a year or so ago when i got into using vintage Schick's and looking at old ad's for the F which i really hoped i would find some day. His mind is still spot on and he will often tell things one would never know from back in the day when Schick was in a battle with Gillette for razor supremacy.There were Schick F razors lingering around in February before they went to stores. He said that was the last of them.

Unfortunately he only saved himself his 2 favorite razors and they were not Type F..

One of my distant relatives i never met in person(phone) worked for Schick from 1939 till 1949. He did sales and marketing.Found this out at a family reunion. I asked him by phone this question about a year or so ago when i got into using vintage Schick's and looking at old ad's for the F which i really hoped i would find some day. His mind is still spot on and he will often tell things one would never know from back in the day when Schick was in a battle with Gillette for razor supremacy.There were Schick F razors lingering around in February before they went to stores. He said that was the last of them.

Unfortunately he only saved himself his 2 favorite razors and they were not Type F..
Hmm I'm not sure I'd put as much weight on the specifics of that recollection as you are but ok, interesting.

Hmm I'm not sure I'd put as much weight on the specifics of that recollection as you are but ok, interesting.

Just going off what i was told, neither of us were there at Schick in late 1940- early 41 to know. He is the closest person i know that was there.I have read on other forums that they were no longer made after February 1941.

Just going off what i was told, neither of us were there at Schick in late 1940- early 41 to know. He is the closest person i know that was there.I have read on other forums that they were no longer made after February 1941.
Right , just looking for an actual source. I've learned to question I read it on a forum as sourcing. @Darkbulb indicated second quarter production here (also unsourced).
proxy.php

This ad from The Saturday evening post, was from another forum on this subject. This ad talks about the shortage of metals for the war, and shown here is most likely a type E based on they said it is dated March 1941.So one can only imagine how scarce the F would be being constructed of all precious metals. That lines up with the production of the type F ending in Feb of 1941. Its a Funny ad, and fits into today's collectors keeping there rare razors for themselves..Like the Type F. As the ad states "it's more valuable today than ever before". How true!

proxy.php

Last edited:
This ad from The Saturday evening post, was from another forum on this subject. This ad talks about the shortage of metals for the war, and shown here is most likely a type E based on they said it is dated March 1941.So one can only imagine how scarce the F would be being constructed of all precious metals. That lines up with the production of the type F ending in Feb of 1941. Its a Funny ad, and fits into today's collectors keeping there rare razors for themselves..Like the Type F. As the ad states "it's more valuable today than ever before". How true!

proxy.php
Sorry to burst your evidenciary bubble but that ad appears in LIFE in May 1942, not March 1941. The "after the war is won" text would make no sense in March 1941 nine months before the US entered the war.

LIFE

Again, unreferenced forum posts are not reliable sources.

Last edited:
Sorry to burst your evidenciary bubble but that ad appears in LIFE in May 1942, not March 1941. The "after the war is won" text would make no sense in March 1941 nine months before the US entered the war.

LIFE

Again, unreferenced forum posts are not reliable sources.

No Problem! No bubble is bursting here!Lots of razor folks with ad's and such that do not add up. One things is for sure my relative worked at Schick, and the Type F ended in Feb of 1941. You will have to take that matter up with him.Seems things back then were so loose, its hard telling what went on when in the razor world.I have seen that with vintage collectible Gillette razors as well.One ad running in Australia counterpoints an ad here in the states for the same fatboy razor.

Right now i am heading into the shave den to shave with one of my Schick F razors, with a custom scuttle bowl of Eton College, and 1 of my vintage Somerset era brushes doing the work..

Rock and Roll..Shave on!

Last edited:
No Problem! No bubble is bursting here!Lots of razor folks with ad's and such that do not add up. One things is for sure my relative worked at Schick, and the Type F ended in Feb of 1941. You will have to take that matter up with him.Seems things back then were so loose, its hard telling what went on when in the razor world.I have seen that with vintage collectible Gillette razors as well.One ad running in Australia counterpoints an ad here in the states for the same fatboy razor.

Right now i am heading into the shave den to shave with one of my Schick F razors, with a custom scuttle bowl of Eton College, and 1 of my vintage Somerset era brushes doing the work..

Rock and Roll..Shave on!
Yes shave on. I'll bring my F out for a ride as well.

Top Bottom