What's new

Charcoal Goods Ready to Ship!

If you ever wanted to get a CG razor without being on the waitlist, now is your chance. CG has a Level 2 SB Torpedo razor in bright brass on sale and ready to ship. I have this razor in the antique finish and it is a great razor. Same efficiency as my Timeless SS 0.95 scalloped razor.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

I saw the social media posts last night and ordered one. I am excited by your description. I like my CG Lvl-1 and really enjoy my Timeless SS 0.95 SCL. I can't wait to get the CG Lvl-2.

If it were level 3, I'd be tempted.

sure but since I know nothing about these razors apart from what Ive read, I feel safer with the Level 2 as
I want something for carefree use. If I don't like it, I can always trade for level 3 or buy one on bst.
Beats being #656 on a waitlist that isn't even open.

PS. I just shaved with a vintage brass 'NEW' from 1920s and phew....shaved me like a straight.
If level 2 is close to that or better, Im pleased

......the next generation which Brian is working on has a more flat baseplate which is more like the New Deluxe.

oh ok....I thought there was a new top cap (Gen 4) in the works...altho I have a seen a SS baseplate (Mk 2) that looks more modern as it didn't have the ridges cut into the sidebar of the baseplate.

I remember the owner saying that the new designs offer the same shave just the design is a bit cleaner. Actually I like the current designs more, as the aesthetic seems more in tune with the rustic look CG is synonymous with..

If it were level 3, I'd be tempted.

Is there something wrong with level-2 or is level-2 on the milder side of shaving like a Gillette blue tip?

I'm now at single digit on Charcoal Goods waiting list and I don't have a clue how level-2 and level-3 perform and compare with other razors for reference.

For me Level 1 is mild, Level 2 is an excellent daily driver with good efficiency the level 3 is close to the Ikon Tech R41 range

Is there something wrong with level-2 or is level-2 on the milder side of shaving like a Gillette blue tip?
I'm now at single digit on Charcoal Goods waiting list and I don't have a clue how level-2 and level-3 perform and compare with other razors for reference.

From what Ive read, level 2 certainly doesn't sound like a blue tip ... I have heard it likened to somewhere in between a timeless95 and 68. The level 2 comes across as a highly efficient and extremely comfortable shave ...you can use it everyday...the level 3 is said to require your full concentration if you want it to behave. I would definitely find use for level 3 but i think I would use level 2 more often.
I'll find out soon enough.

Aggressive razors don't require a lot of concentration for me. As I get older, have to be a bit careful in those spots where my skin is no longer taught. The exception for me was the El Jefe, which I came to calling "the little *****." Hated that *****!

Wow am I lucky I woke up at 3am and could not fall back asleep. Thanks guys. Got my hands on one before selling out. First time I was happy I had insomnia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow am I lucky I woke up at 3am and could not fall back asleep. Thanks guys. Got my hands on one before selling out. First time I was happy I had insomnia

Good for you....when i saw the listing on his site I thought I was hallucinating. I made the purchase instantly, expecting almost certainly to be told they were all gone and to be given a refund. I think there were 9 pieces in all and they went pretty fast. Im not a waitlist kinda guy so I was happy to get one in the normal run of play.Im also glad it was available in bright tumbled brass...I think I would prefer that to the antique finish which rubs off in certain areas anyway.
Has anyone tried to apply acrylic lacquer spray to these razors? Im not sure how it's done.

On another note, I think his SS razors will do very well, they look really nice and might lure over many people who are tired of waiting for other holy grail razors.

Thanks a lot Shavemd and Tester28 for the information.

I was also able to snag one of that Ready To Ship Complete Razor (level-2, hammered handle, bright tumble finish) while checking on my waiting list position last Thursday.

I was surprised because I knew I haven't seen that ready to ship complete razor the day before when I looked around the website. Can't let that opportunity for another complete Charcoal Goods razor pass by and in my excitement forgot to include the razor stand in the order.

Now I have two more complete razor to think about when my position to place the order comes up.

If Brian hasn’t shipped yet you could email him to add the stand. He is pretty good about doing things like that

From what Ive read, level 2 certainly doesn't sound like a blue tip ... I have heard it likened to somewhere in between a timeless95 and 68. The level 2 comes across as a highly efficient and extremely comfortable shave ...you can use it everyday...the level 3 is said to require your full concentration if you want it to behave. I would definitely find use for level 3 but i think I would use level 2 more often.
I'll find out soon enough.

Just checked. I am 358 on the wait list.
I figure I was going to get a level 2 now .. and order a Level 3 OC plate and maybe a 3.5 inch handle when I finally come up. But maybe I should add a stand now.

I saw in one of the Charcoal Goods razor reviews on You Tube wherein one reviewer said that the Twin Helix handle he's using for that review "doesn't give a good grip and even dangerous when wet."

I like this handle design and would like to hear the opinion of other people who have tried the twin helix handle.

I have a single helix that works just fine. I suspect a double helix would be even more grippy. I wonder if the reviewer was observing the wax that Brian rubs on the antique bronze handles before they ship...

Top Bottom