What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Wacker 'Special Razor' 6/8:

proxy.php

It must be the prospective, but that brush looks more suited for the likes of André the Giant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaving on the cheap today. $15 for the razor (still good for another 130 years or so), hand me down mug, $15 brush, MWF soap (would last months if I used it every day), home made aftershave.
proxy.php

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

As a I was shaving with this ultra-hollow #14 razor this morning, I was actually wondering if I ever had a better shave than that.
Sadly the scales are plastic. I'll have to rescale it.
2018_12_08.jpg

5/8 Japanese Royal Razor

Had a wonderfully smooth shave with this well used Japanese blade .Wonderful steel.Took a extremely keen and smooth edge off my J-Nat.
rps20181208_222554_685.jpg

That's a beautiful razor Arne!!!
Thank you Ian, does this mean that I won't end up as roadkill?
As a I was shaving with this ultra-hollow #14 razor this morning, I was actually wondering if I ever had a better shave than that.
Sadly the scales are plastic. I'll have to rescale it.
View attachment 933653
I have an old and impossible thinly ground Engström that always make me think just that.
That thing is a looker! I love those Le Grelot’s!
Thank you, so do I :001_smile

Todays shave

Dubl Duck Goldedge 11/16th
L'Occitan Cade Soap
Yaqi 26mm Two Band Badger
L'Occitan Eau De L'Occitan EDT

Just finished restoring this razor last night, honed up finished on a Shobudani Karasu Namazu Asia Koppa jnat and stropped on a Tony Miller No2.
Just had a fantastic shave, buttery smooth edge and got a BBS in 2 passes.

10.jpg

Todays shave

L'Occitan Cade Soap

Just finished restoring this razor last night, honed up finished on a Shobudani Karasu Namazu Asia Koppa jnat and stropped on a Tony Miller No2.

View attachment 933777

Great restoration Ian and those scales are incredible! And good to see Cade soap, you've reminded me to look for mine.

Today cleaned up this very hollow Johan Engström 6/8 (but was afraid to remove the original painted wood scales) and honed her up on Shapton glass to 8k, finishing with Wakasa Jnat. Smooooooth:

proxy.php

Great restoration Ian and those scales are incredible! And good to see Cade soap, you've reminded me to look for mine.

Today cleaned up this very hollow Johan Engström 6/8 (but was afraid to remove the original painted wood scales) and honed her up on Shapton glass to 8k, finishing with Wakasa Jnat. Smooooooth:

proxy.php
Please Michael take good care of this fine old lady, that I guess was made in 1914.

proxy.php

Thank you Michael!!!
That Johan Engstrom of yours is one beautiful razor....:001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1:

Todays shave

L'Occitan Cade Soap

View attachment 933777
Holy crap Ian....that turned out amazing....what an awesome picture!!! And the razor looks ok too....:001_tt2::001_tt2::001_302::001_005:

Top Bottom