What's new

Did I miss a Grooming Department release?!

Message from Mo, cut and pasted, from another forum on which he is active:

“Still packing previous orders. I don't think I'll get to Chypre Vert until Wednesday.

This is quandary: Make less soap, sell out quickly, get lots of people upset and think I'm creating artificial scarcity
proxy.php
Make lots of soaps, fall behind in shipping, customers are upset it's taking too long to ship. I tried to hire people, twice and they bailed on me!

Ok, going back to do more packing.”

That’s exactly why I said Mohammad was unreliable in my reply to Nick Weepers

Message from Mo, cut and pasted, from another forum on which he is active:

“Still packing previous orders. I don't think I'll get to Chypre Vert until Wednesday.

This is quandary: Make less soap, sell out quickly, get lots of people upset and think I'm creating artificial scarcity
proxy.php
Make lots of soaps, fall behind in shipping, customers are upset it's taking too long to ship. I tried to hire people, twice and they bailed on me!

Ok, going back to do more packing.”
A third option would be, make lots of soaps and mail a small number of large packages to WCS and let them handle the sales & shipping to individual customers. Then continue to make soaps for restock when WCS sells out. Once initial demand is met, stock your own website and the number of orders received will be more manageable.

I understand that selling through a vendor may be less profitable in the short term. However, if it prevents him from needing to to hire and manage employees or spend time processing orders, that could be spent making soap, it may be worth it in the long run. He would also avoid losing customers due to his shortcomings in areas other than soap making.

A third option would be, make lots of soaps and mail a small number of large packages to WCS and let them handle the sales & shipping to individual customers. Then continue to make soaps for restock when WCS sells out. Once initial demand is met, stock your own website and the number of orders received will be more manageable.

I understand that selling through a vendor may be less profitable in the short term. However, if it prevents him from needing to to hire and manage employees or spend time processing orders, that could be spent making soap, it may be worth it in the long run. He would also avoid losing customers due to his shortcomings in areas other than soap making.

It will be very interesting to see how many customers he loses over time due to unpredictable delays. People were shaving long before Mohammad and will be shaving long after Mohammad has had his run. Yes his product is good but his customer service is quite mercurial.
Like Anthony Esposito says......it’s all just soap and it all works.....whatever

It will be very interesting to see how many customers he loses over time due to unpredictable delays.

I had a good friend who was a dentist and a jazz pianist. He got so sick of being a dentist he decided to close his practice by getting rid of his patients. He used to make sick jokes, insult his patients, play jazz music all day while he worked and generally act the fool. His practice pretty much doubled in popularity - his patients told their friends about their wacky dentist and he ended up with a waiting list.

I'd make a sporting bet that Mohammad's clients will increase, maybe even double.

I had a good friend who was a dentist and a jazz pianist. He got so sick of being a dentist he decided to close his practice by getting rid of his patients. He used to make sick jokes, insult his patients, play jazz music all day while he worked and generally act the fool. His practice pretty much doubled in popularity - his patients told their friends about their wacky dentist and he ended up with a waiting list.

I'd make a sporting bet that Mohammad's clients will increase, maybe even double.

I guess that explains why the last restock didn’t sell out in minutes.

I received tracking finally on my two orders. Hard to say at this point if I'd ever buy another GD soap again. I doubt he's purposely playing games to attract more business. At the same time, and knowing that if I was in this business, my #1 goal would be to exceed expectations of my customers. That includes communication, logistics, product and pricing. A lot of vendors check those boxes, but when people perceive they are getting the best of the best, or owning said product puts them in an elite category, then sacrifices can and will be made.

Personally, I don't own a tallow GD product, so I jumped on the opportunity while available. If I didn't happen to check the site out of curiosity and see that everything wasn't already sold out, I doubt I'd be getting my hands on any....ever. I personally feel more inclined to give my money to the vendors that bust their butt to make sure customer experiences are top priority. Not necessarily saying that isn't the case with Mo. Sounds like he may have just not had his ducks in a row and trying to please too many people. This should be something that goes more smoothly in the future. If not, well, maybe it was a game after all. :001_tongu

Hope you all enjoy the soaps!

I ordered soaps from him about two weeks ago and I just got them yesterday. I also ordered soap from Declaration Grooming on 11/23 and got it yesterday as well. Something doesn’t seem right there. I won’t be buying from him again and he knows that. I was polite when I told him after he reached out to me on another forum but man, I wish he could figure it out and see how much he is hurting his business.

I will say I can't speak as to past experiences (and won't) and I was hesitant to order after reading all the negative but did order on the restock last Sunday the 18th as I've never been able to order before and figured I'd wait for if needed and see what the hub bub is all about. Mine are now in the system at the Post Office. So roughly 1 week and coming Sat. Keep in mind that this current order was during Black Friday and Cyber Monday time. Other what I call reliable vendors extend their delivery time and handling time at this time of year(written right on their websites) because of the onslaught of orders that they can't keep up with during this period. I have an order in at 1 of these places last Friday also and it has sent NO communication or shipping label update yet either. Again, ignoring past experiences, this experience for me (my 1st) was right in the realm of what others are delivering at this time of year and they have help/staff. I won't be responding to the people that will post countering my post with negative. I'm not trying to defend his past problems anyone may have had. Just posting my current experience. Just cut some slack to him this time as he seems to be doing just fine to me if you take out the seasonal factor that effects all vendors. Peace Out

Cutting business owners some slack is for the first time offenders and not the habitual ones. The soap is good but it’s not better than some of the other artisan soaps that are available minus the excuses.

I will say I can't speak as to past experiences (and won't) and I was hesitant to order after reading all the negative but did order on the restock last Sunday the 18th as I've never been able to order before and figured I'd wait for if needed and see what the hub bub is all about. Mine are now in the system at the Post Office. So roughly 1 week and coming Sat. Keep in mind that this current order was during Black Friday and Cyber Monday time. Other what I call reliable vendors extend their delivery time and handling time at this time of year(written right on their websites) because of the onslaught of orders that they can't keep up with during this period. I have an order in at 1 of these places last Friday also and it has sent NO communication or shipping label update yet either. Again, ignoring past experiences, this experience for me (my 1st) was right in the realm of what others are delivering at this time of year and they have help/staff. I won't be responding to the people that will post countering my post with negative. I'm not trying to defend his past problems anyone may have had. Just posting my current experience. Just cut some slack to him this time as he seems to be doing just fine to me if you take out the seasonal factor that effects all vendors. Peace Out

Regardless of the seasonal issues this IS NOT the first experience in delays purchasers of GD soaps has experienced. It’s part of the ordering ritual.

I just received notice that my Chypre Vert order has shipped. It looks like Mo is making progress with shipping.

I will post my scent impressions when I receive it.

I just want to know how my order has an expected delivery date of Friday to Illinois when it's still in California as we speak. LOL! Crossing my fingers that's true.

I just want to know how my order has an expected delivery date of Friday to Illinois when it's still in California as we speak. LOL! Crossing my fingers that's true.
Air freight, mine left California on a Saturday night, arrived Memphis Sunday morning delivered Monday morning at my house in Jackson Tennessee.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom