What's new

Did I miss a Grooming Department release?!

On his website are a bunch of new soaps, all of which are sold out. Did a release come and go and I missed it? I signed up like 5 times for his newsletter, so I should have gotten an email of any soap releases!

Can anyone give any info?

All his soaps are listed as sold out. Admittedly the guy's a bit of a genius, but there must be some practical reason for this - maybe somebody, dealers or individuals, did a bulk buy? Or maybe he just hasn't made enough stock to sell for one reason or another? It's not great customer relations to list a lot of soaps as sold out. You get this with SV in Europe - many dealers list it but as sold out.

All it takes is a little research.

Many artisans list their soaps/razors as ‘sold out’ prior to a release. Italian Barber/Razorock does it. There was no bulk buy nor is it bad customer service.

All it takes is a little research.
Many artisans list their soaps/razors as ‘sold out’ prior to a release. Italian Barber/Razorock does it. There was no bulk buy nor is it bad customer service.

That's a very weird thing to do. Totally counter-intuitive. Surely it's possible to list as "coming soon" or whatever?

If you look at retailers like the electronics industry where information needs to be accurate, you see the stock level listed, or a date when new stock is expected. "Sold out" means that there is no stock and no date for new stock, i.e. it's no longer available.

Last edited:
He lists the releases on one of the Facebook shaving group pages. As far as I have seen that's the only place you'll know about it.

That's a very weird thing to do. Totally counter-intuitive. Surely it's possible to list as "coming soon" or whatever?

If you look at retailers like the electronics industry where information needs to be accurate, you see the stock level listed, or a date when new stock is expected. "Sold out" means that there is no stock and no date for new stock, i.e. it's no longer available.
My guess is that the e-commerce platform that he and others use do not allow a vendor to show a product in a “coming soon” mode.

My guess is that the e-commerce platform that he and others use do not allow a vendor to show a product in a “coming soon” mode.

That's a possibility - well spotted. Software sometimes takes us in strange directions, like listing Wagner's Ring Cycle which takes a working day to get through as a "song".

He told me soaps are currently curing and will be available sometime soon. I thought the same thing when I saw the sold out message thinking how did I possibly miss the next release? I'm patiently? waiting.

Soaps available this Sunday, the 28th @11am pacific time. Restock on some older ones and new scent releases. Mo made the announcement earlier today. During the week some product will be shipped to WCS. Gear up.....

He told me soaps are currently curing and will be available sometime soon. I thought the same thing when I saw the sold out message thinking how did I possibly miss the next release? I'm patiently? waiting.

Yup. Typical. I emailed him today, and also vented my frustration on another thread at the same time.

Then lo and behold - the announcement came - Sunday. Be ready. I want 5 of them :001_rolle

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
CHEck his website, shipping delayed until Monday, health problems, whatever that means.
upload_2018-11-2_5-54-12.gif

Par for the course some will be offended. They always are.

Latest soap release day and time was announced well in advance. It’s a one man operation with heavy demand (think Karve) with a hospital visit this week. Soaps will ship Monday.

I tested the new Janus base and, in my use, it’s even a better soap than Wholly Kaw which has a wonderful new base. I have bought and used all the top tier offerings and nothing matches what is coming out next week imo.

No worries here.

Top Bottom