What's new

My Guess... 3017

That brush looks great, @snowman! Enjoy the Mike's Pumpkin Spice!

Thanks. The knot is easily the best badger I’ve ever owned. I’ve trimmed my herd of badgers down to three. The Brad Sears, an M&F, and a RV w/ a Shavemac 2 band. I pif’d or sold the others.
The Shavemac knot is a close second, the M&F while still a very very good knot is a distant third. The Sears knot, a 28mm fan, has slowly morphed into a true gel tip and reminds me of a gel tipped Rooney I had several years ago. It’s a spectacular knot and I can’t say enough good things about how great Brad was to work with. If I were in the market I would not hesitate to go with Mr Sears again.

How does it smell? Pickwick Pharmacy downtown has a bunch of Turkish soaps/creams including Arko.
This was the Fresh one. A little Proraso Green like. Not much in the way of scent or for that matter, menthol.
Pickwick was where I got it in my cream buying binge last year.

Speaking of brushes, I've been meaning to do a big trim-down for a long time now. I usually rotate through just a few brushes I use on a regular basis. I do want a 26mm Thater 3-band bulb as I miss that big "wall of badger" silvertip. But for the most part there's too many sitting in my cabinet.

I haven't considered buying soap in quite awhile but pumpkin scented is one of my favorites. Miles wasn't a stand out performer for me but for a good pumpkin scent I'd use it happily.

Wonder if he'll still have it at Christmas time for a stocking stuffer idea.

A few shaves in with Mikes Pumpkin. Performance is quite good. No complaints. I had forgotten how thirsty Mikes soaps are.

A random 3017 thought popped into my morning addled brain.

There is a gap in my 3017 experience that I am jonesing to fill. DrH.

I’ve never 3017’d a puck of DrH soap and it’s been several years, maybe a decade, since I last used a DrH soap. This needs to be remedied.

Once my 3017 of Mikes Pumpkin and AoS lavender are wrapped up I just might grab a puck of Arlington. I have a soft spot for those old houses, but most of them have gone with formulas that will not find a spot in my stash. DrH has held strong...so far. Arlington is one of my favorite scents and I can’t see any reason to put off experiencing this classic.

I am looking forward to 3017 my puck of Arlington. My Marlborough lasted 428 shaves so I am planning on working through some of my softer soaps before I make a year+ commitment.

I am a few shaves away from finishing a tub of sudsy soapery sandalwood and myrrh and then I think I will move on to a maggard platinum tabacco and leather followed by a 1kg block of vitos extra super coco. But with 61 unopened soaps my plans may change.

Once the softer soaps are out of the way I am looking forward to try C&S, Arlington, various Haslinger, Valobra, Tabac, Pre de Provence and probably some others I can't recall off the top of my head.

Ruckin.

First shave with TOBS Jermyn Street was a success today. Using the L'Occitane Plisson synthetic, a 10 second loading was more than sufficient to give me plenty of slick lather. I need to work on the cushion a bit, and the scent isn't a favorite (more in the 'aquatic' vein), but it was a propitious start.

There is a gap in my 3017 experience that I am jonesing to fill. DrH.
I'm looking forward to hearing about the D.R.H. I'm considering picking up a stick at the resupply to use for travel. Thinking that the container will be good for future trips once I finish the soap itself.

I'm looking forward to hearing about the D.R.H. I'm considering picking up a stick at the resupply to use for travel. Thinking that the container will be good for future trips once I finish the soap itself.

Now that I think about it, the stick might be a good option for me. Stick is 40g vs 100g for the puck. A 40g stick might scratch my Arlington itch without committing to a year.

Man, this last bit of Mama Bears Ye Olde Barbershoppe is really hanging in there. I thought I would be through it, but it's putting up a genuine fight at the end. I'm loading a little longer and getting a slick, creamy lather and some great shaves out of it.

I'll ask: Who is next? MWF, Tabac, or an Old Spice tube?

Hey all. I've been away from B&B for a while, kind of got bored with the forum scene but still wet shaving. This and the straights forum were my main stops here. I started a puck of Williams yesterday. A few months ago I experimented with face lathering and never went back to bowl lathering. I've never had any luck with Williams before, but decided to try again with face lathering. What a difference! I've mostly kept up with 3017ing, but stopped about a month into my puck of Italian Barber What the Puck soap. I'll resume it after I'm done 3017 the Williams. The What the Puck is great soap, by the way.

Top Bottom