What's new

Haslinger or Mitchell's Wool Fat... which do I buy first?

Haslinger or Mitchell's Wool Fat... which do I buy first?

• Haslinger

Votes: 60 60.0%
  • Mitchell's Wool Fat

Votes: 40 40.0%

• Total voters
So, I've never tried either... and yes, I know the inevitable answer is to buy both!

However, I like to keep my soap collection at a somewhat minimalist level (it's an OCD thing for me)

So, with the above in mind, which do I try first? Opinions welcome... especially if you have owned and compared both.

Thanks!

I would have said Haslinger's old formula since I have not tried the new. However, MWF is a classic everyone should try.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
As you know, the correct answer is "Both!"
However, since you asked which to try FIRST, I would say Haslinger as the puck is much smaller and you will go through it faster than da Fat. You will then be able to buy MWF and try it as well. If you go with MWF first, you could be 6-9 months before being able to try haslingers.

Haslinger is almost the definition of minimalist to me. Smaller pucks that last quite a while, light, pleasant scents, easy to lather and great performance.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Well, close call.
But, IMHO, MWF is a classic and one that you should benchmark as a starting point.
Methinks it preceded Haslinger by, nearly, a century.

mitchells wool fat plisson boker penhaligons english fern may 10 2016.jpg

Both are great. I’d go for Haslinger schafmilch first.

Mwf is also great but it’s common to struggle with building lather and there is a chance you won’t enjoy it because of that. No such concern with Haslinger new or old formulation. Post shave is similar, lather is easy. Only Haslinger complaints I’ve noticed have been on no scent - or a minimal scent.

For my preferences, MWF is superior in every way. I think they’re both easy to lather, but I prefer the scent and post shave feel of MWF over Haslinger Schafmilch.

Top Bottom