What's new

Haslinger or Mitchell's Wool Fat... which do I buy first?

Haslinger or Mitchell's Wool Fat... which do I buy first?

• Haslinger

Votes: 60 60.0%
  • Mitchell's Wool Fat

Votes: 40 40.0%

• Total voters
Haslinger Schafmilch. Exceptional soap, easy lather, great shave, & wonderful post shave face feel. You need MWF, but Haslinger should be first.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
So, I've never tried either... and yes, I know the inevitable answer is to buy both!

However, I like to keep my soap collection at a somewhat minimalist level (it's an OCD thing for me)

So, with the above in mind, which do I try first? Opinions welcome... especially if you have owned and compared both.

Thanks!
I’ve not used MWF but highly recommend Haslinger. I have the Schafmilch (new formula) and it is exceptional.

To the OP,

I have a puck of the current vegetable formulation of Haslinger Schafmilch that I've used about 10 times, and it doesn't agree with my skin. If you would like it, send me a PM with your address.

To the OP,

I have a puck of the current vegetable formulation of Haslinger Schafmilch that I've used about 10 times, and it doesn't agree with my skin. If you would like it, send me a PM with your address.

Wow, thanks so much! I'd love to try it!

PM Sent Sir.

And thanks to everyone else who has weighed in on this thread. Lots of great info.

Haslinger, no doubt.
It does not matter whether it is the old or new formulation without tallow, as they perform equally well and people are hard pressed to tell the difference.

While I do like MWF, Haslinger behaves less temperamental with hard water and is much easier to produce consistently a good, rich lather with.

B.

Well.. I have both but havent unwrapped the haslinger yet... Now i need to find a bowl for it

I grated two pucks into old TOBS tub I had. Grated, pressed hard, and after about one or two use, you could never tell it didn't come like that from the store. Did the same thing with SV and Arlington soaps, works great for me.

If you buy MWF first, it may be awhile until you try Haslinger. It lasts a real long time. I haven't gotten to Schafmilch yet. I really like Sandalwood.

Top Bottom