What's new

Which Of These Zenith Handles Would You Buy & Why?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I'm thinking about buying - not right away, but down the road - another Zenith Manchurian brush.

Mug.Copper.Manchurian.Oud.R41.2018.640.JPG

I have the Zenith Copper Manchurian and love it.

If I buy another Zenith Manchurian what handle would you suggest buying? I'm interested in both the appearance of the handle and how it functions.

Here's a link to the eBay vendor's current offerings, but I'm open to offerings by other vendors.

Thanks and happy shaves,

Jim

I like the Olive Wood and the Multi-Blue. The Olive Wood brush has a classic look to it that appeals to me. The Multi-Blue is unique.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I like the Olive Wood and the Multi-Blue. The Olive Wood brush has a classic look to it that appeals to me. The Multi-Blue is unique.

Thanks.

I think those are the two I'm most attracted to also.

proxy.php

Tall (above) or Short (below)?

proxy.php

Which olive wood though? I'm assuming the color variation in the photos is an artifact and that both woods are much the same. So, 506 or 507?

Also, I'm interested in why. A good many of these handles are not ones I have in any of my brushes and I don't know anything about how functional the are.

Happy shaves,

Jim

They are both beautiful. Yes, the wood grain varies from brush to brush. I have a few wood brushes that show that.

I just got the Zenith Manchurian in copper. It was the one I was waiting to get back in stock. I have the same type in the ivory resin handle, but the copper is the one to have IMO. The handle is easy to hold too.
zenith_copper.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I just got the Zenith Manchurian in copper. It was the one I was waiting to get back in stock. I have the same type in the ivory resin handle, but the copper is the one to have IMO. The handle is easy to hold too.View attachment 904703

Which ivory handled resin do you have?

Zenith.Copper.boar.Manchurian.2.640.7-14-18.JPG

I have the copper, too, of course, but what handle should I buy next. Mostly I'm interested in how the handle functions. Why? I find the copper handle a tad slippery both in the boar and the Manchurian, that's why. In neither copper brush does anything about the handle really turn me off to the brush, but there is a bit of slipperiness according to how I experience the handle. The copper Manchurian is my favorite brush.

Besides that, the copper is so great looking and unique. If they made a copper silvertip I might consider buying it too to have the set. It would have to be a silvertip I was convinced had a lot of backbone. I do not have a Zenith silvertip and don't know anything about Zenith silvertips.

I just trying to decide which Zenith Manchurian handle to buy next...

I doubt there's a knot anywhere I'd like better than this Manchurian. I can't imagine one.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I have both the long and short handles in resin. Both are very ergonomic, but I prefer the longer handle. It's comfortable for both face lathering and bowl lathering. That copper with patina is one good looking brush.

FWIW, I've considered getting the multi blue myself but I have too many brushes. Too many damned brushes.

Which ivory handled resin do you have?

View attachment 904788

I have the copper, too, of course, but what handle should I buy next. Mostly I'm interested in how the handle functions. Why? I find the copper handle a tad slippery both in the boar and the Manchurian, that's why. In neither copper brush does anything about the handle really turn me off to the brush, but there is a bit of slipperiness according to how I experience the handle. The copper Manchurian is my favorite brush.

Besides that, the copper is so great looking and unique. If they made a copper silvertip I might consider buying it too to have the set. It would have to be a silvertip I was convinced had a lot of backbone. I do not have a Zenith silvertip and don't know anything about Zenith silvertips.

I just trying to decide which Zenith Manchurian handle to buy next...

I doubt there's a knot anywhere I'd like better than this Manchurian. I can't imagine one.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Same shape as the copper handle. I bought because the copper wasn't available.
TH1805_Zenith.jpg

Is it the same size handle?
I’m trying to figure that out as well. I used the 505AK handle in the Synthetic Pass Around and really liked the feel of the handle. The copper handle looks a little different So I’m torn about whether to try the copper in Manchurian or whether to just stick with the shape that I know I’ll like.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
My vote would be for the wooden handle, there is just something about wooden handles.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Lots of love for the olive wood!

My vote would be for the wooden handle, there is just something about wooden handles.

Maybe Cal @Cal and Rave @Raven Koenes will comment. They are familiar with one of the wooden handled Manchurians. I've forgotten which one.

Tall wood or short wood? Good question. Which is better? Why?

Happy shaves,

Jim

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Olive wood short handle for me. I have never had a tall brush before but I could be swayed to the dark side with one of these handles.

I like tall handles. I hold the narrow spot on one side with tip of index finger and thumb, and on the other side with the length of my middle finger. I can then easily flip the brush from pointing upward or outward depending upon whether lathering my neck or face. Similar to photos I saw earlier about flipping a short handled razor.

Top Bottom