What's new

Which Of These Zenith Handles Would You Buy & Why?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I ordered the brush. My total, using the code which helped a bit, was $38.44 with shipping.

upload_2019-5-19_14-17-18.png

It's been a while since I've ordered a new brush. This will be my first horse and my first brush with this particular (longish) handle size and shape. I have the shorter version of this handle and like it a lot (in Manchurian). I'm looking forward to this brush. Horse is a new brush adventure for me.

I've not ever ordered from this vendor before, but have heard only good things about them, and they have the knot and the handle I want. So, why not...

Happy shaves,

Jim

I ordered the brush. My total, using the code which helped a bit, was $38.44 with shipping.

View attachment 981989

It's been a while since I've ordered a new brush. This will be my first horse and my first brush with this particular (longish) handle size and shape. I have the shorter version of this handle and like it a lot (in Manchurian). I'm looking forward to this brush. Horse is a new brush adventure for me.

I've not ever ordered from this vendor before, but have heard only good things about them, and they have the knot and the handle I want. So, why not...

Happy shaves,

Jim

"Extra soft", eh? Congratulations, i hope they make their knots differently than Vie-Long.

But, just in case, here, this is for you:

s-l300.jpg

I bought my Zenith 507U Manchurian and Fatip Grande Nickel from that shop. It's located in Spain, the shipping was fast and mail tracking worked perfectly (Correos). Owner Jose is responsive via this email [email protected].

I don't think you'll have any issues.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
This might be interesting...

upload_2019-5-19_14-24-54.png

One good turn deserves another, gentlemen. From your friend at B&B's not so secret but universally joined and sometimes admired no decoder ring required club.

Enablers R Us employee of the month.jpg

Happy shaves,

Jim

We warned him before, but SBAD is strong with this one.

If he bowl lathers, it might not tangle. I noticed that in a spanish shop where they sell "Epsilon" horses, they have a warning at the description, which more or less says: "Don't press the brush hard on the soap while loading". In poor words: "Don't splay and swirl". Because they TANGLE, i would add! :lol1: They don't explain why! Well, that's why!

If he bowl lathers, it might not tangle. I noticed that in a spanish shop where they sell "Epsilon" horses, they have a warning at the description, which more or less says: "Don't press the brush hard on the soap while loading". In poor words: "Don't splay and swirl". Because they TANGLE, i would add! :lol1: They don't explain why! Well, that's why!

Chan Eil uses soft soaps, he won't need to scrub a puck to get lather.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
"Extra soft", eh? Congratulations, i hope they make their knots differently than Vie-Long.

But, just in case, here, this is for you:

View attachment 981992

Thanks, but I have the super expensive eBay SS pet comb.

proxy.php

Mine's something like this one, but the prices have gone up. I think mine was $1.66 with shipping or something like that. I hope I don't need it.

Happy shaves,

Jim

View attachment 981989

Happy shaves,

Jim
I've been a regular customer for five or six years and never had any problem.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I mostly use Grooming Dept soaps now but I give them a hard time + I face lather 100% of the time.

Zenith Soft Horse. Vendor photo.480.jpg

I know how to use the comb if need be. It's just a horsey experiment. I was warned long ago about horse, but I'm not a one warn learner.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I mostly use Grooming Dept soaps now but I give them a hard time + I face lather 100% of the time.

View attachment 982018

I know how to use the comb if need be. It's just a horsey experiment. I was warned long ago about horse, but I'm not a one warn learner.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Maybe Zenith makes the knots better. In my belief, the problem with Vie-Longs, is because in the middle of the brush, the hair is shorter. So there are a few center hair, that being shorter, are more rigid and they act as "anchor points" or as columns if you will, around which the surrounded taller hair tangles. I never understood this... Normally the center hair is taller in a bulb not. But not in Vie-Long horses! They have some taller hair, but together with short hair and the tangle always happens right there, in the middle...

Top Bottom