What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Jaguar
proxy.php

A late model Wade & Butcher "King Shaver" in Osage Orange scales. The CA finish needs to be redone to eliminate the crazing.
proxy.php

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

FILARMONICA

Today is a Filly kind of day for me. I used the DOBLE TEMPLE 13 for what turned out to be a very delightful shave early this morning. This Filly is nice but I still have meet one yet that I enjoy more than my TIGER
D96E283F-FE8F-4ADA-BF03-2249995BBFEB.jpeg

GREAT DAY, SMOOTH SHAVES

5/8 John Williams Damascus Sheffield Part of a 7 day Set

Had a super smooth shave with English blade .BBS in 2 and 1/2 passes .Razor was finished on a Belgian Coticule .Blade had great balance and handled well .
rps20180814_155555_511.jpg

Last edited:
So many beautiful razors in everyone's collections, some great restorations of vintage and antique razors and the very best of current artisan made blades - and gorgeous accompanying gear along with all of them. Thank you gentlemen, I truly enjoy reading through these pages.

I touched up my two favorite vintage razors the other day on my purple slate. Yesterday's shave was the Red Imp:
IMG_0328.JPG

This morning was the 472:
Henckels472.JPG

+1
So many beautiful razors in everyone's collections, some great restorations of vintage and antique razors and the very best of current artisan made blades - and gorgeous accompanying gear along with all of them.

Well said my friend and I love the Henckels it’s on my wishlist

Wednesday morning shave: J.A. Henckels 17 1/2 Friodur. I'm loving this new Friodur. It's large enough to fit my XXL hands and has some weight and substance to it. Although I enjoy many of my hollow ground blades, I'm always reaching for my heavier grinds. My last custom and this razor are 1/2 hollow, and shave like a dream, and like the three bears are "just right." Why did it take me so long to try a 17 1/2--dumb.

8,15.18Friodur.jpg

Top Bottom