What's new

2018 Summer Scents

Gents,

I was interesting In your thoughts on summer scents. Looking for something new and after some advice. Been looking into the Creed Virgin Island Water.

These are a few that are in heavy rotation for me in the summer:
Creed Millesime Imperial
Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
Mancera Cedrat Boise
AdP Colonia Essenza
Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche
MFK APOM
Frapin L'Humaniste
Le Labo Bergamote 22
Dior Eau Sauvage
FM Geranium Pour Monsieur

You mentioned Virgin Island Water. Tommy Bahama makes one called Set Sail St. Barts which smells similar to VIW. Not as good, IMO, but you can get it for super cheap. I think I got mine for like $10.

With summer starting early this year locally, I've begun seeing the value in wearing light scents (i.e. they aren't in your face, nor do they last long).
For me:
Superior 70 Bay Rum
Dollar Store Vi-Jon Spice
Vintage Avon Island Lime
Vintage Avon Windjammer
Puig Agua Brava

Dior Homme Sport - 2008 or 2012 versions, haven't smelled the current version
Creed Aventus
Dunhill Icon
Prada L'Homme
Amouage Lyric Man
plus any of jd93's suggestions

and another one, which is my favorite out of the 100 bottles that I currently have, Histoires de Parfums 1725.

Last edited:
+1 for St. Barts. Great inexpensive frag that smells really good. It makes you feel like you should be on a beach somewhere with an ice cold corona on hand.

Dior Homme Cologne is great too. Fresh, citrusy awesomeness.
Acqua Di Parma Fico di Amalfi is a great fresh fig scent. Basically anything from Acqua di Parma's blu line is good for high heat.

Acqua Di Parma Fico di Amalfi
By any chance do you have this? I've been thinking about getting this for months but in reality I have more than enough warm weather frags to last me years. Knowing me though that's not enough of a reason to not pick up another frag for a good reason.

Yeah, I have that and a few other fig based fragrances (it's my favorite note). This is my fav fig based fragrance,and it's pretty similar to Razorock's X. So if you have that aftershave/soap, then you have a pretty good idea of what it smells like;however, Fico di Amalfi is on another level of quality. Fig and Sea Salt from Old Navy is also in the same ballpark and only costs about 13 bucks.

Philosykos - both EDT and EDP are awesome. Fico di Amalfi still reigns supreme in my book, though. It has more fig fruit, while Philosykos has a mix of both fig leaf and fruit. :clap:

I just spent a couple of weeks in Hawaii. Before I went, I thought long and hard about what fragrance to bring. I decided on Chatillon Lux Fourth and Pine EDC, in part because it’s a light citrusy fragrance that I enjoy, and in part because I can spray it several times per day for “refreshers.”

I’m now enjoying a Seapine IPA on a pleasant Seattle afternoon. I’m also enjoying reminiscing about Hawaii as I sniff my recent spritz of Fourth and Pine.

This.
Borsari01.jpg

Gents,

I was interesting In your thoughts on summer scents. Looking for something new and after some advice. Been looking into the Creed Virgin Island Water.

I’m on a budget and I want 8 hrs or performace on my frags so here is my current summer rotation:

Bvlgari aqva amara
Bvlgari aqva arlantique
Perry ellis 360 red
Nikos sculpture pour homme
Nautica voyage
Armaf Club de nuit intense man
Armaf el cielo
Al rehab silver

I like to get an aftershave or balm down as a base layer:

Gillette cool wave
Pinaud citrus musk
Nivea senstive post shave balm
Aqua velva ice sport

So far my favorite pairing is a shave with tobs grapefruit, gillette cool wave and CDNIM. Arko with pinaud citrus musk and perry ellis 360 red is kice as well. Still perfecting my craft, Good thing we will have have another 5 months of heat here on the gulf coast.

Bulgari Aqua and it’s flankers are my new summer love.

Azzaro Chrome and PH
VCA Tsar and PH
Paco Rabanne Pour Homme vintage
Monsieur de Givenchy
Polo green vintage lightly is awesome
Pour un Homme de Caron
Giorgio for men vintage
PS Paul Sebastian

Anything Lime, as well as ADP Fico di Amalfi, and Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte. The Hermes is the only fragrance I have used to completion twice.

Dior Homme Sport
Mugler kryptomint
Mugler Ultra Zest
Creed Aventus
Paco Rabane Invictus Aqua
Dior Sauvage EDP
Prada Luna Rossa Carbon
Prada Lhomme
Aqua di Gio Profumo
Creed Selection Verte
Nikos Sculpture
ADP Colonia