What's new

What do you guys use here downunder for a shave bowl and where did you get it? Lather Shots included

Art of Shaving Lemon Creme with WCS 22mm Synthetic.

D3497566-FDBA-4506-8C6A-8DD7CE889E64.jpeg

Plenty of post-shave Alum sting again after using the AoS Lemon Creme today. Glide is very good but mabe there’s a little less cushioning than I think.

Speaking if lemon ....
How about some Arko?
I had a chest infection and I find the scent soothing chases with Proraso green helps my knackered lungs.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToBS Organic.

BB91413C-28E5-4256-9257-BB3FFE4DD398.jpeg

A lovely lather again from the ToBS although I can’t quite match Rich’s ball.

Still using the R41, this time with a Rapira Platinum on board, and still getting nice shaves.

Merry Christmas all.

B+M Latha Unscented this morning. I’m on call over Christmas so I’ve been shaving every day and I need to use the nice soaps to avoid irritation. I always like the post shave feel of the Latha soaps which is possibly due to the Argan Oil.

94F4D817-AAEB-44AF-90DF-A7D38414309F.jpeg

I’ve also parked the R41 and am using the Flare Tip Super Speed with a Polsilver on board. I was never happy with the Polsilvers in the EJ89, in the Flare Tip however they’re sharp and smooth.

Sarah Welch Pottery Scuttle with ToBS Organic

A longer review will have to be left for another day as I’m exhausted this morning, see below.

6853202D-6613-4D06-89C5-9475B4F42BB5.jpeg

A storm water drain in a neighbours property burst which resulted in stream of water pouring through our backyard for about 3 hours yesterday evening. By opening the front and back garage doors and pushing the water through the garage with brooms we avoided having the house flooded. Needless to say SWMBO and I ache a bit this morning. It looks like we have minimal damage in the garage which will need drying out but I am a bit worried about the chainsaw which was in the garden shed. Not so good for others in the court with one neighbours sunken lounge room flooding and another with a blown up pool filter pump and spa pump.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I hope that you and the "Boss" have recovered from your endeavors to save your home from flooding. I can understand why the post is short.

I hope that you and the "Boss" have recovered from your endeavors to save your home from flooding. I can understand why the post is short.
We recovered quite well thank you. There’s still a bit of debris scattered around the garden which I’ll finally get a chance to clear up today.

Wolfpac Italian Orchard

9A196A08-3145-4E67-903F-5F2C0C09D185.jpeg

I took a risk with Wolfpac’s Boxing Day sale and ordered their 2 citrus based soaps, Italian Orchard and Sublime, hoping that neither would be too strong for my nose. Thankfully both seem to be ok because their lovely scents outweigh the little bit of irritation that I would have when using them.

The Italian Orchard smells of Orange Sherbet and is very similar to the Lemon Sherbet smell that I get from the B+M Latha Limon. I’ll need a couple more attempts at getting the lather right though as I felt that this one was a little dry.

The bowl itself is excellent and I’m looking forward to winter when I can make the lather a little warmer.

Just an Idea ...
why not put some iced water in it for Saturdays shave when it is suppose to be very HOT
Just to try something different.

Just an Idea ...
why not put some iced water in it for Saturdays shave when it is suppose to be very HOT
Just to try something different.
Decided to skip shaving this morning Rich as it’s too hot. I’m looking forward to a cool shave tomorrow morning instead.

Still the using, and enjoying, the Wolfpac Italian Orchard, this time with the WCS 22mm synthetic. Nice lather also after giving it a bit more water.

7DC68A7D-0717-4F46-B433-F95E6F06C43A.jpeg

Olivia’s Natural Soaps Rolling Stone.

80C08ECD-BA8B-4678-902F-E3B9C99A7E2C.jpeg
This soap was a gift from my niece who lives in Berlin where the soap is made. The scent is a blend of oakmoss and bergamot which will make it a summer soap for me as I need a bit of ventilation to use it. The fun part is that it’s a low lather soap so it was a bit of a challenge. My first attempt lathering on the puck was scarily thin and today’s second attempt was just passable. This time I carved off a small piece off and soaked it in the bowl with a few drops of water prior to lathering. Even though I only gave the synthetic brush a quick soak and a good shake afterwards the lather seemed to be too wet.

Olivia’s Natural Soaps Rolling Stone with WCS 22mm Synthetic and Kiwifruit spoon.

195E35F6-E95F-4EC2-B81D-C80A1170FFAB.jpeg

This really is a strange soap and I think that it’s destined to spend more time in the cupboard than out. As you can see the lather is thin, it’s hard work to get even that, and it literally disappeared in front of my eyes less than a minute after I lathered up. At the point the temptation is to bin it but with the main ingredients are Olive and Castor Oil the post shave feel is excellent and I’ve just splashed on some Thayers Toner after shaving with no need for a balm.

PS: Why the Kiwifruit spoon. The soap is quite soft so I used the serrated edge to shave some off to put in the lather bowl and the spoon is also quite handy for adding water.

RIP B+M Latha Soaps

35F7D8CF-2192-4FD6-A3E7-274DA5D15106.jpeg

Barrister and Mann announced late last week that they have ceased making their Latha range which is a big disappointment to me. I’ve now ordered a few tubs from Maggards which should last me awhile.

RIP B+M Latha Soaps part 2

84C34879-302E-4A0C-A2D4-9B4E49A402C9.jpeg

Will miss this soap as well when my supplies run out.

Also, I finally got around to trying out the Fatip Grande OC that I got at Christmas and I’m wishing that I’d tried it sooner. The Grande is nicely balanced and with a Permasharp on board it’s one of the closest shaves I’ve had with any razor. The only negative is a bit of Alum sting afterwards but no nicks which is nice. The Grande also easily mows through a two day growth so I’m quite impressed with it.

Top Bottom