What's new

What do you guys use here downunder for a shave bowl and where did you get it? Lather Shots included

Today it’s a mash of sample soap dregs, some sent to me buy elgrumpo and one I got for Christmas last year. LA Shaving Mint Vanilla and Eucalyptus I think it is.

proxy.php

The end result was rather nice and even with just a two pass shave. I was running late for my daughters cello lesson.

I will have to post a picture of what I do with the tiny sample soaps to make them usable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Art of Shaving Lemon Cream with WCS 22mm Synthetic.

96567A0B-B7D2-4DA0-9F53-CD0D7EDF0C37.jpeg

The AoS Lemon Cream was a freebie from West Coast Shaving, along the B+M samples that I passed on to Rich - see above, and it’s just lovely. I’ve used it with both Badger and Synthetic brushes and it whips up to a slick, supportive lather with little effort. Also, the lemon scent is subtle, almost to the point of being unscented, which is great for me.

Ok a few days late but here is what I do with sample soaps as the containers they come in are too small.

proxy.php

proxy.php

And the end result.

proxy.php

Nice....[emoji1417][emoji1604]

Mama Bears Bounty this morning .... chased with Nivea 2 Phase AS very very nice
proxy.php

Proraso White Cream with Maggard 26mm Synthetic.

8DDF908F-BCF6-41AF-8ECF-C94BF1146448.jpeg

It hard to see it but that brush is holding more than enough lather for my two passes and plenty to spare.

I also need to give @drwevil a quick nod for my current blade. When Rich pif’ed me some Shark blades he also added a Perma-sharp. I popped the Perma-sharp into my Flare-tip Rocket and I’ve been getting some lovely shaves with it this week.

Yup those Perma Sharps are great blades. I find the first shave is a bit rough but after that excellent.

This was Arko..... I think. It was a few days ago. Nice shave none the less.

proxy.php

We need more lather shots. ..... lately I have only been using Proraso Red soap and all the pics looks the same but awesome ....

Any of you guys using something interesting?

TOBS Organic Unscented with WCS 22mm Synthetic.

40DDF9C4-0D4B-496F-A426-D958F365F8BE.jpeg

This one was from yesterday. I look forward to using the TOBS because it has a very subtle lemon scent and it makes the softest lather of all my soaps.

I also tried out the Bic blade that Rich PIF’ed me. I thought that it was a bit smoother than the Perma-sharp with the first shave.

We need more lather shots. ..... lately I have only been using Proraso Red soap and all the pics looks the same but awesome ....

Any of you guys using something interesting?

I've got nothing too exciting to report, I've mostly just been using the fat recently. Making great lather as always. As it's coming into summer, I may start using my SABA Lime and my Stirling Margies in the Arctic a bit more

No photo today because it was out of focus which is a pity because I made a nice lather with the Art of Shaving Lemon Creme.

The shave from the Bic Chrome Platinum was surprising due to the high level of alum sting afterwards.

Last edited:
No photo today because it was out of focus which is a pity because I made a nice lather with the Art of Shaving Lemon Creme.

The shave from the Bic Chrome Platinum was surprising due to the high level of alum sting afterwards.

I like those BIC blades

I like those BIC blades

I get a lot of irritation under my chin if I try for a BBS shave. The first shave with the Bic was smooth so temptation got the better of me. I didn’t push it this morning so there wasn’t much sting.

Lesson learnt until I try the next new blade which will be some Nacets that are on the way along with some Perma-sharps.

I don’t get much irritation at all since I started DE shaving. Shark blades feel really average for me.

Well this is yesterday’s effort.

proxy.php

I love that Zenith Brush.

B+M Latha Unscented with Kent Silvertip.

AF6661A7-0CC2-49B9-8167-90715E651322.jpeg

If you look closely you’ll notice that this EJ razor has an OC head, there’s a bit of a story why. The handle was from my first EJ razor which was replaced by Edwin Jagger with a brand new razor when the top cap screw sheared off in the handle. I used a small drill bit to hollow out the screw and then removed it with a screw extractor. I ordered an R41 plate and top cap from Muhle and made up a second razor. I actually haven’t used it for some time because I found it to be a little too aggressive, and I’ve had a few other razors to play with.

I could certainly feel the blade today but with better cushioning from the lather there were no nicks or excessive sting from the alum afterwards and as a result I had a really nice close shave.

B+M Latha Unscented with Kent Silvertip.

View attachment 843354

If you look closely you’ll notice that this EJ razor has an OC head, there’s a bit of a story why. The handle was from my first EJ razor which was replaced by Edwin Jagger with a brand new razor when the top cap screw sheared off in the handle. I used a small drill bit to hollow out the screw and then removed it with a screw extractor. I ordered an R41 plate and top cap from Muhle and made up a second razor. I actually haven’t used it for some time because I found it to be a little too aggressive, and I’ve had a few other razors to play with.

I could certainly feel the blade today but with better cushioning from the lather there were no nicks or excessive sting from the alum afterwards and as a result I had a really nice close shave.
That's a beautiful looking razor

That razor is a thing of beauty.

I think I sometimes forget how nice the handle is Rich. I believe that Muhle and Edwin Jagger share the design for the EJ 89/R 89 head so the R41 head just looks made for it. Also, Muhle’s casting is excellent and the lovely rounded edges of the fins don’t rake the skin.

796A047D-4A4B-4A2D-86AF-E069B20FF89B.jpeg

I broke out the Big Chubby boar [emoji203] brush

proxy.php

Proraso Red again. What’s not to like about it.

Top Bottom