proxy.php

proxy.php

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Druseidt, from Germany.
I do not know the year of manufacture.
Does anyone know?

D.R.P. usually signifies pre-war. You probably knew that though. Similar to the Ratio ... look in the book by Krumholz, I remember seeing something in there.

D.R.P. usually signifies pre-war. You probably knew that though. Similar to the Ratio ... look in the book by Krumholz, I remember seeing something in there.

Thanks Nemo.
I certainly consulted Krumholz's book, but it does not give much information.

I don't recall seeing a Le Coq cage comb on this thread. It's the only vintage DE razor I use. I can't get Gillettes to work for me, and the Barbasol floating head couldn't give me a close shave either. See my avatar for a bad photo of my cage comb.

You fellas are killin' me with all these cool razors!

This DE is on its way to me from Italy. It's a Valmi Rotor razor, but instead of the rotating safety bar on their main razor it has big teeth on a closed comb.
proxy.php

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Love the head on that!

So, is it a one piece handle?

Olyfa. French razor.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Are they zinc alloy, handle too?

Similar to my Famex (but not same)
proxy.php

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

What is it?

Nope, no identifying marks whatsoever

That's unfortunate, but not unusual, way too many no-name razors out there. You'd think they would mark their razor, and make the brand easy to see and read for a little self promotion.

You fellas are killin' me with all these cool razors!

Love the head on that!

So, is it a one piece handle?

Are they zinc alloy, handle too?

What is it?

That's unfortunate, but not unusual, way too many no-name razors out there. You'd think they would mark their razor, and make the brand easy to see and read for a little self promotion.
The Famex is a 1930s French razor, passing resembliance to the Le Coq, but different in construction and operation, it's actually an adjustable razor and works brilliantly .

1929 patent:
proxy.php

Top Bottom