What's new

The "Not Gillette" Vintage DE Thread

This DE is on its way to me from Italy. It's a Valmi Rotor razor, but instead of the rotating safety bar on their main razor it has big teeth on a closed comb.
proxy.php

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
This DE is on its way to me from Italy. It's a Valmi Rotor razor, but instead of the rotating safety bar on their main razor it has big teeth on a closed comb.
proxy.php

Very cool. I love the closed comb look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

proxy.php

Super nice! Does it come apart like a Single Ring, with the handle attached to the baseplate?

proxy.php

beautiful--that looks like a Timeless open comb

A JA Henckels DE razor from a seller in Germany. A large travel case, 3" x 3.5" per the seller so slightly larger than a Gillette Tuckaway case. I presume the narrow tin is for a styptic stick. A interesting razor that I have not seen before. Any information would be appreciated.

JAH-DE-3.jpg
JAH-DE-1.jpg

A very nice set ! I've seen the razor a few times, the handle is typically German style and has been copied by no-name manufacturers. The small tien is indeed for the styptic pencil. This particular case is quite uncommon, and quite beautiful ! Sorry I can't be of any more help.

I have similar hexagonal handles with two late model JA Henckels Rapide / Wotan wedge blade razors, the versions with the solid sheet metal top clamp for the top of the blade and the removable handle.

Wow, what a thread! Thank you all for sharing your non-Gillettte info and appraisals. I've come to appreciate vintage Gillettes and there is another universe of vintage razors--so much education in one thread.

Top Bottom