What's new

Nacet Stainless DE blade Review

I just got a Tuck yesterday. My shave today was fine & it was sharp & fairly smooth. Chin & neck area was a 4 out of 5. I got some slight neck irritation though. No tugging was noted which is good. Overall it was a DFS. The Gillette Silver Blue is a better & smoother IMO. As always YMMV with any blade. I will not be buying the Nacet Stainless blade again.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Its a top shelf blade for me, but with so many blades having such similar performance, as long as the sharpness is there for me it really doesnt seem to matter a lot.

I agree the GSB is smoother, but I didnt find it as sharp. Coarse beard at work there for me.

Which razor did you use and was the irritation on your neck from shaving ATG?

YMMV for sure!

I just purchased another 100 Nacets because these perform well in my Wolfman. My top tier also includes GSB, Astra SP, Personna reds and Personna labs.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
To the best of my knowledge I have never tried a Nacet. But with all the love you Gentlemen are showing it, I'll have to now!
But it'll have to be great to dethrone the GSB for me.

Nacet is top shelf but GSB's are Sharper
And Smoother IMHO however I do buy
Both of the blades in bulk of 100 or more
Blades at a time.

I agree the GSB is smoother, but I didnt find it as sharp. Coarse beard at work there for me.

Which razor did you use and was the irritation on your neck from shaving ATG?

I had the same problem with gsb, also have coarse hair. Try the 7 o'clock russia green blade and see if it's any better. I've also heard of the yellow being very good, but it had the same problems as gsb.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I had the same problem with gsb, also have coarse hair. Try the 7 o'clock russia green blade and see if it's any better. I've also heard of the yellow being very good, but it had the same problems as gsb.

I thought the Green was even a bit smoother than GSB, but no sharper. The Yellow I found extremely sharp, but not as smooth. A very good blade though. I still have my first Yellow in my SS with 7 shaves on it and going strong.

I just received two nacets in a blade give away. Looking forward to trying them after all the great things I've read about them.

I thought the Green was even a bit smoother than GSB, but no sharper. The Yellow I found extremely sharp, but not as smooth. A very good blade though. I still have my first Yellow in my SS with 7 shaves on it and going strong.

Hmm, alright have you tried the Sputnik or the 365 from India? Those are the last two I can think of that may be the right balance.

I've been using Nacet for the last week or so. Decent blade, but not as sharp as GSB or even Astra for me. Nice and smooth though - reminds me of Voskhod. Very good shave, but stuble seems to come back sooner. Overall a good blade.

I have a tuck of Nacets awaiting my return on Friday, I'm excited to try them out. Just tried the Gillette 7 O'clock green yesterday and it may have displaced my Astra SP's as my favorite blade. Put it in my new favorite razor, my Parker Variant. I didn't get any tugging, thought it felt a bit close on the first pass but not anywhere near like the GSB does in my Variant. The shave was going so well on my XTG I decided to risk an extra pass, and did a partial XTG/ATG pass. I actually finished the shave with less bumps and irritation than I started with. I still can't believe it. I skipped shaving tonight as it got so close with the Variant and this blade that I don't think I had quite enough stubble to shave off. Hoping the second shave with it goes as well. I will also have to try the Astras in my Variant again, probably after I give the Nacets a shot.

I just got a Tuck yesterday. My shave today was fine & it was sharp & fairly smooth. Chin & neck area was a 4 out of 5. I got some slight neck irritation though. No tugging was noted which is good. Overall it was a DFS. The Gillette Silver Blue is a better & smoother IMO. As always YMMV with any blade. I will not be buying the Nacet Stainless blade again.
Mirrors my experience with Nacets, right down to the neck irritation.

I'm starting to think that you and I have very similar facial hair/skin conditions, as well as/and/or taste in blades suitable for removing said facial hair. I think we're in about 99% agreement about blades.

Thanks for reviewing another pretty good blade.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Mirrors my experience with Nacets, right down to the neck irritation.

I'm starting to think that you and I have very similar facial hair/skin conditions, as well as/and/or taste in blades suitable for removing said facial hair. I think we're in about 99% agreement about blades.

Thanks for reviewing another pretty good blade.

Thank You! We are probably close in beard type as you say. Nacet is not bad but, given the choice of Nacet/GSB I will go with the GSB blade every time.

You've got to be kidding if you are
Saying either of these is In the same
League as GSB's ..
I'd say the Sputniks are close, but no cigar, in much the same way that Nacets are when compared to GSBs; close, but no cigar.

I'd agree with you though on almost any Indian blade not stacking up to to any Russian, whether it's a 365, Super-Max, or a "Gillette" Wilkinson Sword. I've yet to have an Indian blade wow me in any way, which seems odd (I was always under the impression that South Asian men had ridiculously thick and fast growing facial hair). They must not be using the Indian blades...

Last edited:
I have a tuck of Nacets awaiting my return on Friday, I'm excited to try them out. Just tried the Gillette 7 O'clock green yesterday and it may have displaced my Astra SP's as my favorite blade. Put it in my new favorite razor, my Parker Variant. I didn't get any tugging, thought it felt a bit close on the first pass but not anywhere near like the GSB does in my Variant. The shave was going so well on my XTG I decided to risk an extra pass, and did a partial XTG/ATG pass. I actually finished the shave with less bumps and irritation than I started with. I still can't believe it. I skipped shaving tonight as it got so close with the Variant and this blade that I don't think I had quite enough stubble to shave off. Hoping the second shave with it goes as well. I will also have to try the Astras in my Variant again, probably after I give the Nacets a shot.
Which blade are you referring to ?

I'd say the Sputniks are close, but no cigar, in much the same way that Nacets are when compared to GSBs; close, but no cigar.

I'd agree with you though on almost any Indian blade not stacking up to to any Russian, whether it's a 365, Super-Max, or a "Gillette" Wilkinson Sword. I've yet to have an Indian blade wow me in any way, which seems odd (I was always under the impression that South Asian men had ridiculously thick and fast growing facial hair). They must not be using the Indian blades...

I've not come across any blade yet that
Beats GSB's or Polsivers SI and that goes
For Russian as well , however my opinion
Of India made blades is very high when it
Comes to their best, I find India made
7o'clock Blacks and 7o'clock Permasharp
As well as the Super Max Blue Diamond
Titanium blades to all be very high in the
Top tier and among my favorites , being
Beat by only GSB's and Polsivers SI.

Top Bottom