What's new

Suitcases??

I carry skyway luggage. Lots of crew carry skyway so I figure it's a good way to not get my luggage lost lol
Yup its is...honestly they have never lost mine in the 9 years ive flown...miss routed it a couple times though....lol.

Nah problems for me are just abuse and wear....when you fly 6 to 8 flight a weekend, almost every week...suitcases just cant take it.

My Briggs and Riley has a lifetime warranty
Yup and they are very good about it...one of my coworkers has one....sadly you must send it to them for acessment/repair...i just dont have the time when im onmy home for 12 to 18 hours on a weekend.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yup and they are very good about it...one of my coworkers has one....sadly you must send it to them for acessment/repair...i just dont have the time when im onmy home for 12 to 18 hours on a weekend.
And I thought my job stunk some days...

I travel 6 months out of the year and use nothing but Hartman luggage. The stuff is 10 yrs old and been through the ringer and still is in great shape.

I travel 6 months out of the year and use nothing but Hartman luggage. The stuff is 10 yrs old and been through the ringer and still is in great shape.
Dont know that brand....ill give it a looksee on the old web machine....lol.

Dont know that brand....ill give it a looksee on the old web machine....lol.
It's actually spelled Hartmann. Their stuff isn't cheap but it's not the most expensive either. I use the herringbone collection, have the carry on , garment bag and the 27" check bag and couldn't be happier with the durability considering I fly around 25 round trips a year.

Just because:

I travel to Japan 5-6 times a year. I just went down to the local TJMaxx and looked for hardside luggage with what looked to be sturdy wheels. So far so good.

Picked up a used Zero Halliburton Zeroller...lets see how kong it takes to kill it...lol.

The other approach is to accept the abuse and use a duffel bag or soft sided bag with heavy duty zippers. But the lack of wheels may be too unappealing.

Woul
The other approach is to accept the abuse and use a duffel bag or soft sided bag with heavy duty zippers. But the lack of wheels may be too unappealing.
Would love to use duffles but i have equipement in my suitcsse that cannot ne damaged or carried on the plane. Also i have to watch weight restrictions and so on.

Just because:

I travel to Japan 5-6 times a year. I just went down to the local TJMaxx and looked for hardside luggage with what looked to be sturdy wheels. So far so good.
American tourist er was great at on time but then they went Walmart and now not so much.

i'm a TUMI guy ,but theses days if i have the money i would go with RIMOWA ,they look awesome and roll very well + they got that électronic tag .(i'm a taxi driver so i carry a lot of luggage) . old samsonite or delsey on the cheap side (have a delsey myself).

I would also recommend TUMI, I've had my fair share of suitcases that came back in pieces from the airport before I bought a TUMI but they are quite pricey, the Victorinox Lexicon series are good as well and fairly budged friendly.

I'm on the road 8 to 10 nights a month. 5 plus years ago I bought a Victorinox bag. They come with a life time warranty. It has worked great.

Pelican luggage is supposed to be pretty good. I know quite a few photographers who trust them with their gear. Might not be the lightest but should be burly

I would also recommend TUMI, I've had my fair share of suitcases that came back in pieces from the airport before I bought a TUMI but they are quite pricey, the Victorinox Lexicon series are good as well and fairly budged friendly.
Have a Tumi (hard side) right now...only lasted 7 months...to them 3 weeks to take the front zipper out...hence the thread.

Have a Tumi (hard side) right now...only lasted 7 months...to them 3 weeks to take the front zipper out...hence the thread.
Wow, that is quite unusual I have to I never heard of a TUMI failing someone, I pretty sure zippers are covered in the warranty so even you decide to go for another luggage it would be nice to have it repaired and sit at home as backup, they too expensive to just throw away :/ . Did you give Eagle Creek or Victorinox a try before?

the lifetime warranty is gone at TUMI ,it's now 5 years for luggages and 2 years for wallets and small items. the zippers are covered .
by the past,i've ordered a strap for a leather computer bag that i have snipe on ebay and when i ask how much i have to pay they say it's free.sadly these time is gone .tumi is part of samsonite since 2016.

Top Bottom